In 2020 the court rules were changed to require that all residential tenants must be given 14 days’ notice of an eviction. What happens though if the eviction is cancelled on the day?
Anthony Collins Solicitors once again performed well in the latest 2019 Chambers UK publication across a range of sectors including several ranked lawyers.
Our Social Housing team in the West Midlands remains the only Band 1 legal firm – this extends to the team being a ‘National UK Leader’ in the sector including the Finance team being ranked Band 2. We retained Band 1 status in Clinical Negligence (Claimant) and Family/Matrimonial practice areas along with rankings for 13 practice areas which is an increase from last year.
Comments from interviewees across our Band 1 practice areas included:
- "They're innovative and forward-thinking. You get quality work and service from them." (Social Housing)
- "One of the best clinical negligence teams in the West Midlands." (Clinical Negligence: Claimant)
- "They are extremely dedicated to their clients and they rightly enjoy a very high reputation in their field." (Family/Matrimonial)
Chambers UK 2019 ranked 21 lawyers across different practice areas with special mention including comments for:
Band 1 ranked
- Helen Tucker (Social Housing): “She is highly enthusiastic, practical and experienced.”
- Elizabeth Wyatt (Family/Matrimonial): “One of the market leaders in Birmingham for divorce work."
- Rankeshwar Batta (Personal Injury – Claimant & Clinical Negligence – Claimant): “A razor-sharp legal mind – not just the head of the team, but the absolute heart of it too.”
- Jonathan Cox (Social Housing): "A leader in the field.”
- Peter Hubbard (Social Housing): “A very good reputation in the social housing sector.”
- Alex Elphinston (Court of Protection): “Immensely responsive, courteous and understanding of the wider issues in a client's life.”
- Elisabeth Howe (Family/Matrimonial): “A strong mediation practice and is good at getting results for clients.”
Associates to Watch
- Sarah Huntbach (Clinical Negligence – Claimant): “Really good at homing in on what the important issues are and keeping the case on track.”
- Chris Lloyd-Smith (Family/Matrimonial): "Exceptionally adept at dealing firmly, calmly and tactfully with clients.”
- Doug Mullen (Pensions): “Delivers comprehensive advice and has a calm and pragmatic approach.”
Up and Coming
- Gemma Bell (Social Housing): “A burgeoning reputation in the sector who is extremely well respected.
For further information on any of the work that we do at Anthony Collins Solicitors, please contact one of the individuals above, or call 0121 200 3242.
We are delighted to announce that our private wealth law department has continued to maintain its Band 2 position in the latest edition of Chambers and Partners High Net Worth.
The new CHF is set to launch and open for applications with £4 million set to be allocated to community-led housing groups to support an increase the supply of affordable housing in England.
Charities, like other organisations, may be subject to or choose to voluntarily comply with the reporting requirements under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The draft regulations making it mandatory for anyone entering a registered care home in England to have been double vaccinated unless they are clinically exempt were made on 22 July 2021.
In the Transforming Public Procurement Green Paper, the Government signalled its desire to increase its control over procurements by all contracting authorities.
The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team.
Legal updates as the UK enters into stage 4 of the roadmap and legal restrictions on face coverings and social distancing are lifted.
The first disability we are going to discuss is diabetes. We begin by discussing the different types of diabetes; their similarities and differences and how we live with the disability within our day.
Tim Coolican and Freya Cassia explore the legal and practical options available to providers if a disappointing result is received following an inspection.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.