Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer affecting women under the age of 35 in the UK. This week is Cervical Cancer Prevention Week.
Anthony Collins Solicitors once again performed well in the latest 2019 Chambers UK publication across a range of sectors including several ranked lawyers.
Our Social Housing team in the West Midlands remains the only Band 1 legal firm – this extends to the team being a ‘National UK Leader’ in the sector including the Finance team being ranked Band 2. We retained Band 1 status in Clinical Negligence (Claimant) and Family/Matrimonial practice areas along with rankings for 13 practice areas which is an increase from last year.
Comments from interviewees across our Band 1 practice areas included:
- "They're innovative and forward-thinking. You get quality work and service from them." (Social Housing)
- "One of the best clinical negligence teams in the West Midlands." (Clinical Negligence: Claimant)
- "They are extremely dedicated to their clients and they rightly enjoy a very high reputation in their field." (Family/Matrimonial)
Chambers UK 2019 ranked 21 lawyers across different practice areas with special mention including comments for:
Band 1 ranked
- Helen Tucker (Social Housing): “She is highly enthusiastic, practical and experienced.”
- Elizabeth Wyatt (Family/Matrimonial): “One of the market leaders in Birmingham for divorce work."
- Rankeshwar Batta (Personal Injury – Claimant & Clinical Negligence – Claimant): “A razor-sharp legal mind – not just the head of the team, but the absolute heart of it too.”
- Jonathan Cox (Social Housing): "A leader in the field.”
- Peter Hubbard (Social Housing): “A very good reputation in the social housing sector.”
- Alex Elphinston (Court of Protection): “Immensely responsive, courteous and understanding of the wider issues in a client's life.”
- Elisabeth Howe (Family/Matrimonial): “A strong mediation practice and is good at getting results for clients.”
Associates to Watch
- Sarah Huntbach (Clinical Negligence – Claimant): “Really good at homing in on what the important issues are and keeping the case on track.”
- Chris Lloyd-Smith (Family/Matrimonial): "Exceptionally adept at dealing firmly, calmly and tactfully with clients.”
- Doug Mullen (Pensions): “Delivers comprehensive advice and has a calm and pragmatic approach.”
Up and Coming
- Gemma Bell (Social Housing): “A burgeoning reputation in the sector who is extremely well respected.
For further information on any of the work that we do at Anthony Collins Solicitors, please contact one of the individuals above, or call 0121 200 3242.
The recent Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA) final guidance on care home contracts clearly presents a challenge – it is almost certain that providers will need to revise their contracts.
In October 2018, it was reported that Heathrow Airport Ltd had been fined £120,000 by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for failing to keep personal data secure.
It’s not often that the Government asks for more money and then offers to pay anyway! That is the situation when it comes to employer contributions to the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)...
The regulations came into effect on 14 January 2019 and create new tools to help brand owners enforce their rights.
The Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 received royal assent in December 2018 and comes into effect on 20 March 2019. This amends the "fitness obligations" in the Landlord and Tenant Act.
The Finance Bill 2019, as announced in the Autumn Budget 2018, includes a small but welcome adjustment to the small-scale trading exemption which applies to charities.
January, the month of credit card bills, rain and general greyness, is upon us! There's only one thing for it; time for an HR detox!! Here's how to get rid of bad habits and put in place better ones.
Despite its eternal charm, Christmas is stressful. This pressure can only be sustained for so long and can accentuate fracture points in a person’s marriage.
Someone in the world dies of sepsis every 3.5 seconds. The UK Sepsis Trust are working to raise awareness of sepsis, stop preventable deaths and support those affected.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.