A party seeking to restrict another's commercial activities must consider whether such terms are normal in similar, factual and contractual circumstances.
Anthony Collins Solicitors once again performed well in the latest 2019 Chambers UK publication across a range of sectors including several ranked lawyers.
Our Social Housing team in the West Midlands remains the only Band 1 legal firm – this extends to the team being a ‘National UK Leader’ in the sector including the Finance team being ranked Band 2. We retained Band 1 status in Clinical Negligence (Claimant) and Family/Matrimonial practice areas along with rankings for 13 practice areas which is an increase from last year.
Comments from interviewees across our Band 1 practice areas included:
- "They're innovative and forward-thinking. You get quality work and service from them." (Social Housing)
- "One of the best clinical negligence teams in the West Midlands." (Clinical Negligence: Claimant)
- "They are extremely dedicated to their clients and they rightly enjoy a very high reputation in their field." (Family/Matrimonial)
Chambers UK 2019 ranked 21 lawyers across different practice areas with special mention including comments for:
Band 1 ranked
- Helen Tucker (Social Housing): “She is highly enthusiastic, practical and experienced.”
- Elizabeth Wyatt (Family/Matrimonial): “One of the market leaders in Birmingham for divorce work."
- Rankeshwar Batta (Personal Injury – Claimant & Clinical Negligence – Claimant): “A razor-sharp legal mind – not just the head of the team, but the absolute heart of it too.”
- Jonathan Cox (Social Housing): "A leader in the field.”
- Peter Hubbard (Social Housing): “A very good reputation in the social housing sector.”
- Alex Elphinston (Court of Protection): “Immensely responsive, courteous and understanding of the wider issues in a client's life.”
- Elisabeth Howe (Family/Matrimonial): “A strong mediation practice and is good at getting results for clients.”
Associates to Watch
- Sarah Huntbach (Clinical Negligence – Claimant): “Really good at homing in on what the important issues are and keeping the case on track.”
- Chris Lloyd-Smith (Family/Matrimonial): "Exceptionally adept at dealing firmly, calmly and tactfully with clients.”
- Doug Mullen (Pensions): “Delivers comprehensive advice and has a calm and pragmatic approach.”
Up and Coming
- Gemma Bell (Social Housing): “A burgeoning reputation in the sector who is extremely well respected.
For further information on any of the work that we do at Anthony Collins Solicitors, please contact one of the individuals above, or call 0121 200 3242.
This ebriefing considers the Government’s proposals for challenges, as set out in Chapter 7 of the Green Paper entitled 'Fast and fair challenges'.
We’re delighted to announce that we have been ranked in the top five national legal advisers in the Top 3000 Charities 2021 directory.
The Law Commission published its report on Technical Issues in Charity Law in September 2017 following a public consultation.
Changing charitable purposes and amending governing documents.
Charity registration financial thresholds.
One of the stated aims of the Green Paper is “to deliver the best commercial outcomes with the least burden on the public sector".
The proposals concerning dynamic purchasing systems (DPS) and framework agreements are the most disappointing aspect of the Green Paper.
Family team partner, Elizabeth Wyatt, is delighted to congratulate Kadie Bennett for attaining Resolution Specialist Accreditation in both children law - private and complex financial remedy matters.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.