Making a change starts with taking action.
To promote gender equality at Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS), we:
- Gender-check our job adverts and profiles.
- Make sure women are not disadvantaged due to maternity leave or career breaks.
- Offer mentoring support for women and support career pathways for all; with the goal of everyone having a live career plan.
- Plan to extend family-friendly and flexible working practices.
- Further development of a supportive ‘back to work’ approach following maternity/shared parental/adoption leave/other long-term absences, including the provision of further targeted training to line managers to support in active career planning, development and work allocation.
- Our hybrid working model, implemented from 1 Sept 2021, incorporates increased flexible working practices for all.
Gender equality in numbers
We have a large proportion of female partners, particularly when compared with our competitors (36% as of April 2021). Our 2022 gender and ethnicity pay gap report details our latest data and explains our plans moving forward to eliminate gender inequality at ACS.
PODCAST: Mandatory professional qualifications in housing: What do we know and how do we prepare?
In February 2023, a new amendment was added to the Social and Housing Regulation Bill. So as to raise standards, housing managers will be required to have, or be working towards, specific professional qualifications.
Wednesday 9 August 2023Read more