Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has been named Family Law Firm of the Year: Midlands and Wales at the prestigious Family Law Firm Awards.
They say that variety is the spice of life – with very large numbers of scheme members and significant numbers of scheme employers (not all of whom are very familiar with the scheme) - Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) funds see a very wide range of challenging scenarios.
Our approach is to help these funds to navigate any challenges effectively and efficiently, taking the burden of doing so from officers so that they can focus on the business of running the fund for the benefit of its members.
We can also help funds to reduce the number of issues that arise by identifying systemic issues and by providing training to scheme employers.
Recent Local Government Pension Scheme funds advice
- Helping an LGPS fund investigate and decide upon a variety of complaints by members through the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure;
- Advising an LGPS fund on the recovery of overpaid benefits;
- Advising an LGPS fund on a challenge to its discretionary allocation of death benefits;
- Drafting subsumption agreements for an LGPS fund;
- Advising LGPS funds on whether an exit payment would be triggered on an amalgamation of a housing group;
- Helping a housing association to make representations to an LGPS fund about whether an exit credit should be paid to the housing association’s contractor;
- Advising an LGPS fund on various complaints to the Pensions Ombudsman.
Different ways in which we help Local Government Pension Schemes funds
- Addressing complaints by members through stages 1 and 2 of the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure;
- Advising on the recovery of overpayments of pensions;
- The exercise of discretions to award death benefits;
- Advising on the discretion to pay an exit credit;
- Drafting admission agreements;
- Drafting subsumption agreements;
- Advising on whether exit payments would be triggered on a merger, transfer or amalgamation;
- Advising on complaints made to the Pensions Ombudsman;
- Advising on priority arrangements when employers are re-financing;
- Providing training to scheme employers.
For more information
Please contact Douglas Mullen
Helping teachers as people
call the service specialist on 0121 214 3615
As a teacher, or a professional working in the education sector, there are multiple issues that you may face. Whilst we do offer advice about educating children from a variety of backgrounds in a safe and caring environment, we also offer advice to you as an individual. We understand that the pressures and numerous challenges facing those in charge are not always classroom based.
Education is one of our core sectors. This allows us to combine our specialist subject knowledge and experiences with our personal approach to individual cases. Our clients tell us that the service they receive from us is unique, and we believe this comes directly from our commitment to the purpose of our firm: 'to improve lives, communities and society’.
Puja Desai interviews employees around the firm and discusses their experience with different invisible illnesses. The first part was on diabetes, the second MS and this podcast focuses on epilepsy.
Social mobility and its impact on the modern workforce was top of the agenda at a virtual event hosted by law firm Anthony Collins Solicitors on Tuesday 23 November.
This month we will be considering the impact of the Autumn Budget and Spending Review on the charity sector, trustee good practice concerning benefits and net carbon zero plans.
Earlier this month, the Environment Act 2021 received Royal Assent introducing the Office for Environmental Protection. Many charities and environmental groups are buoyed by the new legislation.
Chris Lloyd-Smith, a partner at Birmingham-based law firm Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS), has been elected as chair of Resolution’s West Midlands group.
The next public procurement tendering threshold is due to be 'rebased' on 1 January 2022. The new thresholds will be inclusive of VAT, rather than VAT exclusive as they are at the moment.
This article looks at a recent case that demonstrates how to recover remedial costs for fire safety works in a timely and cost effective way.
The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, lockdowns and Brexit are very much evident across the construction industry, not least due to the sharp and continued increase in the cost of materials.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has named Law firm of the year: the independents at last night’s (2 November) The Lawyer awards.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.