Our experienced team of procurement solicitors can offer support and advice on all aspects of procurement within the local government sector.
When a public sector body bids to enter into a supply contract, a works contract or a services contracts, the award of the contract will be covered by European and procurement law. A key piece of legislation in relation to the procurement of works, services or supply contracts is the public contracts regulations, which sets out how procurement processes should be run by public bodies.
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, we use our extensive sector, procurement law and European law knowledge and experience to work in partnership with our clients to advise and support them with all aspects of procurement processes, including strategic procurement advice in relation to policies and procedures and bringing and defending procurement challenges.
If procurement challenges arise, our specialist team of procurement solicitors can advise on how to deal with the challenges in an effective and efficient way. Procurement challenges can arise when unsuccessful bidders or the contracting authority make claims of the procurement process being run unfairly.
We work with bidders and contracting authorities to defend and bring claims of unfair procurement processes. As experienced mediators, we can support both parties to reach a workable resolution through mediation; avoiding costly and time-consuming court proceedings. If a bidder or contracting authority feels that the procurement process has been run unfairly we can advise on whether they have a case and assess the risk involved of bringing the challenge.
Procurement services for local authorities
Our specialist team of procurement solicitors work with bidders and contracting authorities to advise and support them on all aspects of procurement and procurement challenges, including:
- Ensuring that the appropriate procurement policies, procedures and documentation are in place.
- Ensure the procurement process complies with procurement and European law.
- Support clients through issues to ensure a successful procurement process.
- Provide procurement training to organisations and trade bodies.
- Advise unsuccessful bidders and contracting authorities on whether they have grounds to bring a procurement challenge and advise them on the associated risks.
- Resolve procurement challenges through mediation.
- Defend judicial-review proceedings and claims under the Public Contracts Law regulation.
A commercial lawyer specialising in local government.
We have been recognised for the work we do
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) won four awards at the Birmingham Law Society Awards last night (8 March 2018), including Law Firm of the Year (16 partners or more).
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.