Our expert team works with social businesses that vary in size, constitutional structure and area of operation. Working with you, as social entrepreneurs, we help you to create innovative solutions to problems faced by communities, society or the environment in which we live.
Many private businesses operate with a clear concern for social responsibility, and do so because it is how their owners want them to behave. We work with our social business clients to ensure that they are able to meet their goals.
Change can be influenced regardless of the structure of your organisation, whether a cooperative or mutual, social enterprise, community organisation or values-driven commercial business and whether operating as a for- or not-for-profit organisation. Our team will help you to put the right structures in place to help you achieve your goals and purpose.
Whatever stage of the social business journey you’re at, or issue you face, we can help you with:
- Deciding on the right structure for your organisation based on your objectives, whether transforming an existing business or setting up a completely new enterprise.
- Advising on protecting your intellectual property.
- Supporting the procurement process for any suppliers needed to put your plans in place.
- Providing contract advices, including negotiation, implementation, enforcement and, if necessary, extraction.
- Assisting with and advising on any funding proposals or requests to relevant funding or regulatory bodies.
- Setting up meaningful board and stakeholder reports.
- Ongoing support and advice to ensure your organisation stays on track and within regulatory boundaries.
The self-help (co-operative and mutual) and philanthropic (charitable and voluntary) traditions reflect the social nature of humankind: a basic instinct to look out for each other, to provide for ourselves and our families, but also for communities and future generations: everyone, including the destitute and vulnerable.
An aging population living much longer needs more care and support than the public purse can afford, and at Anthony Collins Solicitors we support today’s rise of social business, providing tailored advice to social businesses.
Find out more about the services we provide to social enterprises...
Governance and constitutions
Property, land and development
Commercial and funding
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.