The Government has released several factsheets on the Building Safety Bill. We will be reviewing these and outlining how they can assist providers to prepare for the new building safety regime.
Like any family, we’re all different – and that’s something we celebrate.
We mark key events, as well as listen to our BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic), LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender plus), sex and gender, and disability networks who highlight various issues and provide support. These are then reported directly to the Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) board and help shape plans for the future.
Stamping out racism
ACS support Wear Red Day, an initiative started by charity Show Racism the Red Card (SRTRC) who utilise the high-profile status of football and football players to help tackle racism in society.
Transparency is key
In our 2020 gender and ethnicity pay gap report, we published our ethnicity pay gap for the first time, as well as sharing our partner pay data for gender and ethnicity.
What we found:
- 18.5% of our workforce identify as BAME.
- Our mean ethnicity pay gap is 4.4% across the employees of the firm.
- Our ethnicity pay gap is understood when we see that only 13% of our upper pay quartile employees are BAME.
Commitments for 2021-2022
- Women in Law Pledge Accreditation - We've made a commitment to a number of initiatives to improve gender diversity within our firm, particularly at senior and leadership levels.
- Line management - Reviewing structures, and then training and equipping line managers to ensure equality of opportunity for all, and consistency in approach to requests for flexible working.
- Mentoring and coaching - Targeted mentoring and coaching initiatives to help our most under-represented groups of employees (women and BAME employees) progress through the firm.
- Pathways to leadership roles - Ensuring our fee earners, (i) are clear on what it means and what it takes to become a partner and (ii) have access to support to get them to a partner/legal director role should they so desire.
With the new law, spouses will be able to achieve a good divorce, making the best of a bad situation.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is able to be at the forefront of family law issues and to be a driving force for change and promotion of conciliatory working.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is supporting Resolution’s Good Divorce Week commencing on 29 November. But what is Resolution, what’s its purpose and what is a Good Divorce Week?
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has been named Family Law Firm of the Year: Midlands and Wales at the prestigious Family Law Firm Awards.
Puja Desai interviews employees around the firm and discusses their experience with different invisible illnesses. The first part was on diabetes, the second MS and this podcast focuses on epilepsy.
Social mobility and its impact on the modern workforce was top of the agenda at a virtual event hosted by law firm Anthony Collins Solicitors on Tuesday 23 November.
This month we will be considering the impact of the Autumn Budget and Spending Review on the charity sector, trustee good practice concerning benefits and net carbon zero plans.
Earlier this month, the Environment Act 2021 received Royal Assent introducing the Office for Environmental Protection. Many charities and environmental groups are buoyed by the new legislation.
Chris Lloyd-Smith, a partner at Birmingham-based law firm Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS), has been elected as chair of Resolution’s West Midlands group.