Like any family, we’re all different – and that’s something we celebrate.
We mark key events, as well as listen to our BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic), LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender plus), sex and gender, and disability networks who highlight various issues and provide support. These are then reported directly to the Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) board and help shape plans for the future.
Stamping out racism
ACS support Wear Red Day, an initiative started by charity Show Racism the Red Card (SRTRC) who utilise the high-profile status of football and football players to help tackle racism in society.
Transparency is key
In our 2020 gender and ethnicity pay gap report, we published our ethnicity pay gap for the first time, as well as sharing our partner pay data for gender and ethnicity.
What we found:
- 18.5% of our workforce identify as BAME.
- Our mean ethnicity pay gap is 4.4% across the employees of the firm.
- Our ethnicity pay gap is understood when we see that only 13% of our upper pay quartile employees are BAME.
Commitments for 2021-2022
- Women in Law Pledge Accreditation – We’ve made a commitment to a number of initiatives to improve gender diversity within our firm, particularly at senior and leadership levels.
- Line management – Reviewing structures, and then training and equipping line managers to ensure equality of opportunity for all, and consistency in approach to requests for flexible working.
- Mentoring and coaching – Targeted mentoring and coaching initiatives to help our most under-represented groups of employees (women and BAME employees) progress through the firm.
- Pathways to leadership roles – Ensuring our fee earners, (i) are clear on what it means and what it takes to become a partner and (ii) have access to support to get them to a partner/legal director role should they so desire.
Anthony Collins Solicitors expands Church of England Diocesan Registrar work with new appointment
Kirsty Duxbury, a lawyer at national social purpose law firm Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) and Deputy Registrar of the Diocese of Blackburn, has been appointed as Diocesan Registrar of the Diocese of Worcester.
Monday 25 July 2022Read more
Anthony Collins Solicitors completes merger with specialist practice Jobling Gowler
Social purpose law firm Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has merged with Cheshire-based specialist private client practice Jobling Gowler.
Friday 1 July 2022Read more
PODCAST: Episode 4 – Hidden disability awareness: Mental health – A colleague’s experience with counselling
In this podcast, Puja Desai interviews Kimberley Foster and discusses her experience with counselling. This is a really helpful podcast for anyone who has thought about counselling.
Monday 13 June 2022Read more