Our expert team has extensive experience of advising on a wide range of construction and capital project issues, including obtaining regulatory and stakeholder approvals, the political drivers for funding streams and the need for tight project and risk management to ensure that the provision of education isn’t disrupted.
We advise across the breadth of organisations engaged in construction and capital projects in the education sector, including education providers, local authorities, building contractors and consultants. As a consequence, we have developed a wealth of practical experience and knowledge to offer you.
In addition to our experience of putting the right contract and arrangements in place, we have significant experience of advising on dispute resolution and the management of claims handling, having successfully advised numerous organisations on handling and settling claims. Our experience ranges from small-value disputes to complex high-value claims and all forums for dispute resolution, including adjudication and arbitration, expert determination, mediation and court proceedings, allowing us to provide you with effective, expert support, regardless of your circumstances.
- Construction and engineering contracts – we draft, review and negotiate all standard and bespoke forms of contract and construction security documents.
- Construction due diligence – for both purchases and leases of commercial property.
- Dispute and claims resolution – our expert team is available whenever you require support with claims handling and the management of disputes.
- Cost v. risk analysis – we provide reports to identify and explain your rights and remedies under contracts.
- Advice on the Priority Schools Building Programme – now known as ‘PF2’.
- Training – we provide a comprehensive range of training, including general workshops and interactive sessions on standard-form contracts, to more focused training on specific issues areas and contract management.
We have been recognised for the work we do
Anthony Collins announces nine promotions with one new legal director appointed
Social purpose law firm Anthony Collins (AC) has announced the appointment of four senior associates, four associates and one legal director across its specialist sectors of local government, housing, health and social care, charities and social business.
Tuesday 2 May 2023Read more
Anthony Collins launches 50th anniversary Social Impact Report
Anthony Collins (AC) reveals the scale and impact of its social purpose-driven legal work with the publication of its annual Social Impact Report.
Tuesday 14 February 2023Read more
Latest webinars and podcasts
PODCAST: ‘Without prejudice’ unpacked
In this podcast, Katherine Sinclair and Libby Hubbard provide practical advice on how to ensure you protect certain conversations.
Tuesday 31 January 2023Read more
WEBINAR: Holiday entitlement for part-year employees – Harpur Trust v Brazel
In this webinar, Anna Dabek and Libby Hubbard provide key information that can enable you to review your holiday pay arrangements.
Monday 7 November 2022Read more