The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, lockdowns and Brexit are very much evident across the construction industry, not least due to the sharp and continued increase in the cost of materials.
Our expert team has extensive experience of advising on a wide range of construction and capital project issues, including obtaining regulatory and stakeholder approvals, the political drivers for funding streams and the need for tight project and risk management to ensure that the provision of education isn't disrupted.
We advise across the breadth of organisations engaged in construction and capital projects in the education sector, including education providers, local authorities, building contractors and consultants. As a consequence, we have developed a wealth of practical experience and knowledge to offer you.
In addition to our experience of putting the right contract and arrangements in place, we have significant experience of advising on dispute resolution and the management of claims handling, having successfully advised numerous organisations on handling and settling claims. Our experience ranges from small-value disputes to complex high-value claims and all forums for dispute resolution, including adjudication and arbitration, expert determination, mediation and court proceedings, allowing us to provide you with effective, expert support, regardless of your circumstances.
- Construction and engineering contracts – we draft, review and negotiate all standard and bespoke forms of contract and construction security documents.
- Construction due diligence – for both purchases and leases of commercial property.
- Dispute and claims resolution – our expert team is available whenever you require support with claims handling and the management of disputes.
- Cost v. risk analysis – we provide reports to identify and explain your rights and remedies under contracts.
- Advice on the Priority Schools Building Programme – now known as ‘PF2’.
- Training – we provide a comprehensive range of training, including general workshops and interactive sessions on standard-form contracts, to more focused training on specific issues areas and contract management.
Helping teachers as people
As a teacher, or a professional working in the education sector, there are multiple issues that you may face. Whilst we do offer advice about educating children from a variety of backgrounds in a safe and caring environment, we also offer advice to you as an individual. We understand that the pressures and numerous challenges facing those in charge are not always classroom based.
Education is one of our core sectors. This allows us to combine our specialist subject knowledge and experiences with our personal approach to individual cases. Our clients tell us that the service they receive from us is unique, and we believe this comes directly from our commitment to the purpose of our firm: 'to improve lives, communities and society’.
We have been recognised for the work we do
The Construction Leadership Council (the CLC) has released its new recovery plan for the UK construction sector - “Roadmap to Recovery”.
The Court of Appeal has delivered its verdict on a High Court decision that the Right to Rent scheme was discriminatory and in breach of the ECHR.
Newnham College, Cambridge, received a fine from the HSE in January for failings that exposed employees and subcontractors to asbestos during refurbishment works on a flat owned by the college.
The European Court has upheld the long-standing principle that parties to a dispute should be able to choose their lawyers without having to go through a tender process (or use a framework).
A recent case has confirmed that a professional appointment for construction will usually be a “construction contract” under the Construction Act.