In 2020 the court rules were changed to require that all residential tenants must be given 14 days’ notice of an eviction. What happens though if the eviction is cancelled on the day?
In the latest Legal 500 rankings (26 September 2019), Anthony Collins Solicitors has added Local Government to its Tier 1 rankings in the West Midlands, joining Charities, Clinical Negligence, Family and Social Housing. Jas Tamber (Family) is now ranked as a leading lawyer, Natalie Singh (Social Housing Finance) joins our group of next-generation lawyers, while Phil Scully (Property Litigation) and Victoria Fullilove (Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury) are rising stars.
Hall of fame
- Rankeshwar Batta (Clinical Negligence)
- Ann Houghton (Clinical Negligence)
- Doug Mullen (Pensions)
- Lisa Whitehouse (Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate)
- Maria Ramon (Family)
- Phil Scully (Property Litigation)
- Victoria Fullilove (Clinical Negligence)
Some comments from Legal 500 include:
- 'The team has a particularly intimate understanding of the health and social care sector and associated legal issues and this is what sets it apart from other firms'.
- 'Anna Dabek and Matthew Wort continue to stand out as both responsive and highly skilled'.
- 'Douglas Mullen is practical and insightful and provides cost-effective advice'.
- 'I have 100 percent confidence in Douglas Mullen's legal opinion and would recommend him any day'.
Clinical Negligence: Claimant
- 'A very heartwarming and trustworthy practice'.
- 'The quality of all their solicitors is very high. They have an exceptional work ethic'.
- 'The team is dedicated to its clients and is a pleasure to work with. All genuinely nice and caring people who go above and beyond to get the best results possible'.
Personal Injury: Claimant
- 'Rankeshwar Batta is wonderful with clients, a great tactician with superb judgment and carries the respect of his opposite numbers'.
- 'Sarah Huntbach has built up a fantastic practice, is very highly regarded, compassionate yet tenacious. Victoria Fullilove is very much a rising star and is one to watch'.
- 'Victoria Fullilove knows every detail of her cases and is also keen to help her clients get their lives back on track'.
- 'Ann Houghton has a wealth of experience and knowledge, with a genuine caring attitude to the client she supports'.
Charities and Not-for-Profit
- 'The team displays considerable sector experience and expertise, with enough breadth to the team so that it isn't dependent on just one person'.
- 'Dominic Curran is driven but very approachable. He has a desire to help the faith-based charity sector to improve communities'.
- 'Natalie Barbosa's advice is always well thought through, compelling and reliable'.
- 'Phil Watts and Edwina Turner have considerable practical experience but also the 'human touch' so that clients are not just 'projects' but people/situations that need help'.
- 'The only firm in the Midlands which continues to provide exceptional standards of service in private client and care proceedings/child protection'.
- 'Jas Tamber is the 'go-to' solicitor in the Midlands for childcare work. Represents Guardians in the leading cases before the local courts. Trusted by judges and respected by peers. Has an amazing appetite for the work he does'.
- 'Elizabeth Wyatt is just superb and well-respected'.
- 'Chris Lloyd-Smith is up there with the best and Maria Ramon is very good at taking the heat out of the discussions and getting the parties to focus on the solution'.
- 'Kadie Bennett is very impressive on children disputes in particular'.
Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate
- 'Anthony Collins Solicitors is highly ethical, trustworthy, reliable and they always provide a high level of service. Alex Elphinston and Donna Holmes in particular'.
- 'All team members are knowledgeable and professional in their delivery of the service'.
- 'Donna Holmes is professional, competent and caring. She can only be described as an exceptional practitioner. Clients are put at ease by her calm and patient nature'.
- 'The firm takes a very responsive approach - planning for local authorities is a particular strength'
- 'Olwen Brown is good at finding solutions to complex problems'
- 'Senior associate Stuart Evans stands out. He is a planning solicitor who makes things happen and is an expert at guiding clients through the complexities of planning'
- 'The whole team work with a social conscience and is very aware of the client's objectives and needs. They work to ensure resources are focused on what matters, determine the highest areas of risk to the client and minimise costs'
- 'High level of professionalism and expertise in their field with the ability to explain complex legal matters in lay terms and to explain the effect on the client and the client's activities'
- 'As a charity, we appreciate Anthony Collins Solicitors' understanding of our values and of what is important to us. The construction team have worked on a number of projects for us and have been flexible and knowledgeable'
- 'Beulah Allaway is very approachable. She takes a sensible approach and is very responsive'
- 'Anthony Collins Solicitors provides specialist, sector-leading knowledge and service to clients both regionally and nationally. Its social housing teams comprises lawyers who are immersed in their particular practice area and, consequently, can provide clients with quick and reliable advice and guidance in the most complex social housing litigation'
- 'Helen Tucker and Baljit Basra stand out for their knowledge, experience and client service. Both are leaders in this sector. Helen is an expert in her field, whose realistic but robust approach to litigation breeds confidence in both her clients and those she instructs. Baljit stands out for her knowledge, experience and client care skills, which make her a favourite with many clients locally and nationally.'
We are delighted to announce that our private wealth law department has continued to maintain its Band 2 position in the latest edition of Chambers and Partners High Net Worth.
The new CHF is set to launch and open for applications with £4 million set to be allocated to community-led housing groups to support an increase the supply of affordable housing in England.
Charities, like other organisations, may be subject to or choose to voluntarily comply with the reporting requirements under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The draft regulations making it mandatory for anyone entering a registered care home in England to have been double vaccinated unless they are clinically exempt were made on 22 July 2021.
In the Transforming Public Procurement Green Paper, the Government signalled its desire to increase its control over procurements by all contracting authorities.
The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team.
Legal updates as the UK enters into stage 4 of the roadmap and legal restrictions on face coverings and social distancing are lifted.
The first disability we are going to discuss is diabetes. We begin by discussing the different types of diabetes; their similarities and differences and how we live with the disability within our day.
Tim Coolican and Freya Cassia explore the legal and practical options available to providers if a disappointing result is received following an inspection.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.