LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES, United Kingdom Get directions
*This event is now fully booked
"Diversification can be an important way in which registered providers generate income to cross subsidise their main social housing purposes and support new supply…While diversification supports core activities providers must ensure that social housing assets are not placed at risk.” - Regulator of Social Housing, Sector Risk Profile 2018.
Diversification through development is high on the agenda for lots of registered providers (RPs), of all sizes, across the housing sector. Development programmes are increasingly looking at market rent, Rent to Buy, outright sale, shared ownership, and affordable rent tenures. These types of single and mixed tenure schemes can reap great financial rewards; however, they come with a potentially significant risk.
Operating in a heavily regulated sector, RPs need to ensure that they continue to meet their regulatory and legal requirements.
During this session, we will explore all of the relevant layers related to structuring development programmes, these include:
- the general principles of charity law, tax and procurement law in relation to development and diversification;
- the delivery of a multi-tenure development programme;
- typical group structure options aimed at ‘de-risking’ diversification through development;
- possible joint venture options;
- the landscape for funding; and
- case studies and lessons learnt.
You’ll hear from our governance, regulatory, corporate and funding experts and have the opportunity to network with sector peers.
Who should attend?
Development directors, members of development teams, board members of RPs looking to diversify through development or who already are, and executive team members.
Lunch will be provided
- 09:00 Registration and networking for a 09:30 start
- 11:00 Coffee break
- 12:45 Q&A, summary and closing remarks
- 13:00 Close and lunch
Who will be there?
- Gemma Bell – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Victoria Jardine – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Jon Coane – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Jane Trevithick – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Rose Klemperer – Anthony Collins Solicitors
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited. Our clients get priority over non-clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can, to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily oversubscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation, in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least two weeks before the event date.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.