A day-long training session aimed at those working with assured tenancies and designed to keep your team’s knowledge up-to-date with the latest in housing law. Back to Basics part 2 builds on topics and issues covered in part 1, but attendance at the first session is not essential to join this one.
What's it about?
This interactive one-day seminar aims to equip officers working within the assured housing sector with a strong foundation knowledge of the following topics:
- A detailed discussion of issues linked to rent possession proceedings such as the pre-action protocol and the various grounds for possession;
- An in-depth look at anti-social behaviour, including injunctions, committal applications and possession proceedings;
- Drafting effective Notices Seeking Possession;
- An overview of possible defences to possession proceedings, including mental capacity issues, the Equality Act and housing disrepair; and
- A practical session on the drafting of witness statements and what to include in them.
We have provided this training for a number of our clients previously and feedback has been very positive:
“The trainer is amazingly knowledgeable and gives examples in all areas which I am able to relate to and put into practice at the workplace.”
“Very detailed and well presented seminar on keys areas of housing law.”
“Thorough and informative from start to finish – really useful references.”
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at housing association staff members.
- 09:00 Registration for a 09:30 start
- 11:00 Break
- 12:30 Lunch (45 mins)
- 13:15 Reconvene
- 15:00 Break
- 16:00 Finish
Alex Loxton - Anthony Collins Solicitors
Who will be there?
Colleagues from Anthony Collins Solicitors’ housing sector will join throughout lunch for networking.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this? Even though we may not repeat this specific seminar again, we hold lots of other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.