Over the past two years, we have seen an increasing number of GDPR claims being made alleging that an individual’s data protection rights have been breached.
- There are additional powers for CPO making authorities to enter on and survey land. Most organisations making housing and planning CPOs (which are the kind housing associations are likely to encounter most) have these already.
- HPA16 aims to streamline the process for confirming CPOs by the confirming authority or potentially an Inspector and requires the Secretary of State to publish a timetable for confirming CPOs.
- Development programmes reliant on CPOs will need to take account of the extension to 3 months of the notice period required before land will vest (ie. transfer to the acquiring authority) or possession can be taken following the service of the relevant declaration or notice.
- To standardise and speed up the compensation process, the Secretary of State will be able to introduce standard application forms for compensation and interest will be payable where acquiring authorities are late in paying advance payments of compensation.
- More substantial changes to the CPO process could be ahead with the government consultation on the process currently underway.
For more information
Anthony Collins Solicitors are delighted to announce that they have been ranked as a Band 1 firm in Chambers and Partners 2022.
Alice Kinder, pensions and employment solicitor takes on the role in representing and supporting more than 5,500 legal professionals located across Birmingham and the Greater Midlands.
Our annual virtual employment law update catches up on the cases, legislation and changes over the last 12 months.
Anthony Collins Solicitors are presenting a series of podcasts with employees to raise awareness about disabilities around the firm.
Answering key questions about the details and practicalities of mandatory vaccinations in care home settings.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its market-leading social housing property team.
On 7 September 2021, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) published its annual consumer review.
From today (1 October 2021) there is yet more change on the possession front!
We are delighted to secure our position as a top-tier firm in five of our practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 edition.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.