Hilary Homfray joins Anthony Collins Solicitors after working for Birmingham City Council for 14 years. With more than 60,000 properties, she was kept busy!
- There are additional powers for CPO making authorities to enter on and survey land. Most organisations making housing and planning CPOs (which are the kind housing associations are likely to encounter most) have these already.
- HPA16 aims to streamline the process for confirming CPOs by the confirming authority or potentially an Inspector and requires the Secretary of State to publish a timetable for confirming CPOs.
- Development programmes reliant on CPOs will need to take account of the extension to 3 months of the notice period required before land will vest (ie. transfer to the acquiring authority) or possession can be taken following the service of the relevant declaration or notice.
- To standardise and speed up the compensation process, the Secretary of State will be able to introduce standard application forms for compensation and interest will be payable where acquiring authorities are late in paying advance payments of compensation.
- More substantial changes to the CPO process could be ahead with the government consultation on the process currently underway.
For more information
The use of large up-front fees and disproportionate deposits has already resulted in significant cost consequences for one care provider.
The government announced on 16 May that it will provide a fund of £400m to cover the costs of removal and replacement of cladding to high rise residential blocks which have failed tests.
Whilst some people are under the impression that preparing a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is simply a case of completing a form and ticking a few boxes, it is about far more than this.
A big fear for some people facing divorce and the inevitable carving up of the matrimonial assets. They seek assurances that such assets will be “ring-fenced” and retained for them.
Thinking about the legal status of being a cohabitant probably isn’t at the top of the ‘to do’ list.
When an individual is thinking about making a gift to another individual, consideration needs to be given to the Potentially Exempt Transfer (PET) trap.
We are now only a few weeks away from the biggest change to data protection laws in over 20 years. Are you compliant?
The tragedy, in this case, is that there were options readily available to the midwives that they could have used. This was not a case of having to go above and beyond.
Arising from the recent Family Division announcement, people who think they are legally divorced may in fact still be married.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.