The maximum discount available to tenants exercising their right to buy or preserved right to buy is increasing.
Our specialist housing management solicitors provide strategic and practical advice, support and training to housing association landlords in all aspects of housing management.
These services include:
- Drafting, reviewing and amending all forms of occupancy agreements to ensure they comply with all regulatory and legal requirements and are drafted in plain English.
- Advising on all housing management legal issues.
- Drafting and reviewing housing management agreements, including nominations agreements and service level agreements.
- Provide advice and support with all aspects of leasehold and shared ownership queries and disputes. Our specialist team support and advise on drafting, reviewing and varying leases, to enforcement of leasehold obligations and leaseholder consultation. We run matters to the First Tier (Property) Tribunal and so fully understand their powers and the procedures involved.
- Advice on rent policy, rent increases and all service charge related issues.
- Bespoke interactive training to equip landlords with the necessary skills and knowledge .
Review of policies and procedures and implementation of documentation to safeguard against future disputes.
- Perform risk analysis.
Provisions within the Housing and Planning Act that remove the need for housing associations (“HAs”) to obtain consent from the Regulator to dispose of social housing (as well as to merge or enter new group structures) came into force on 6 April.
Such freedoms will allow HAs greater flexibility over how they use their assets and, potentially, how they structure their businesses. Our expert panel gathered to discuss the possible opportunities the deregulatory measures offer, together with the likely hurdles. Read the outcome of their discussion here.
We have been recognised for the work we do
Key developments in legislation have been announced that affect rent increases in relation to social housing rents, intermediate rents and domestic violence refuge accommodation.
The HCA has issued a consultation on an amendment to the Tenant Involvement and Empowerment Standard (TIE Standard) to require a greater level of...
As we approach the first anniversary of the beginning of the Voluntary Right To Buy (VRTB) Pilot, the National Housing Federation (NHF) has published...
The High Court made a decision on 5 December 2016 which interprets the 6 month rule concerning what conduct can be taken into account...
A new Request for Warrant of Possession form has been released today as a partial solution to the issues raised in the Cardiff CC...
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.