Things have moved on apace since our initial communication last week. The purpose of this briefing note is to help address the immediate and...
Our specialist housing management solicitors provide strategic and practical advice, support and training to housing association landlords in all aspects of housing management.
These services include:
- Drafting, reviewing and amending all forms of occupancy agreements to ensure they comply with all regulatory and legal requirements and are drafted in plain English.
- Advising on all housing management legal issues.
- Drafting and reviewing housing management agreements, including nominations agreements and service level agreements.
- Provide advice and support with all aspects of leasehold and shared ownership queries and disputes. Our specialist team support and advise on drafting, reviewing and varying leases, to enforcement of leasehold obligations and leaseholder consultation. We run matters to the First Tier (Property) Tribunal and so fully understand their powers and the procedures involved.
- Advice on rent policy, rent increases and all service charge related issues.
- Bespoke interactive training to equip landlords with the necessary skills and knowledge .
Review of policies and procedures and implementation of documentation to safeguard against future disputes.
- Perform risk analysis.
Provisions within the Housing and Planning Act that remove the need for housing associations (“HAs”) to obtain consent from the Regulator to dispose of social housing (as well as to merge or enter new group structures) came into force on 6 April.
Such freedoms will allow HAs greater flexibility over how they use their assets and, potentially, how they structure their businesses. Our expert panel gathered to discuss the possible opportunities the deregulatory measures offer, together with the likely hurdles. Read the outcome of their discussion here.
We have been recognised for the work we do
Our experts outline the process for ending a tenancy due to a tenant's death.
Assured tenants cannot sub-let or part possession with their home, but this issue can be difficult to overcome.
It is commonplace for a housing association pursuing possession proceedings against a tenant, on either the discretionary or mandatory grounds, to be met with...
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has issued guidance on Alternative Payment Arrangements to help benefit claimants pay landlords.
Many Registered Providers (RPs) use property guardian companies to help manage and secure their empty properties pending demolition. The intention is that “guardians” should...
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.