Meet our team / Emma Hardman

Emma Hardman


Partner in the housing management team

My role

I am a housing partner and lead the housing management and right to buy teams here at Anthony Collins Solicitors.

I advise landlords, primarily housing associations, on all housing management issues providing practical solutions to often complex scenarios. The work I do involves providing client training, including bespoke training, as well as speaking on the sector seminar circuit.

I also advise on the interpretation of leases in respect of obligations and rights in relation to fire safety, including replacement of front doors; and service charge recovery options, including issues relating to consultation and first-tier tribunal applications.

My experience

I am the co-author of the National Housing Federation ‘Service charges and rent charges: a guide for social housing landlords’ book. I was shortlisted for the Birmingham Law Society Pro Bono Awards in 2020/2021 for the pro bono work I delivered for West Midlands taskforce on homelessness.

‘Peter Hubbard, Baljit Basra and Emma Hardman stand out because they care and they go the extra mile.’ – Legal 500, 2022

My specialisms

  • Rents and service charges
  • Drafting, reviewing and enforcement of occupancy agreements
  • Management and service level agreements
  • Housing management policies and procedures
  • Supported housing


My latest articles

Increase in home loss payments
Increase in home loss payments

New regulations, the Home Loss Payments (Prescribed Amounts) (England) Regulations 2023, have been introduced that increase the amounts payable. For displacements on or after 1 October 2023 the new amounts […]

Renters (Reform) Bill: Rent reviews but not as we know them
Renters (Reform) Bill: Rent reviews but not as we know them

The Renters (Reform) Bill (the Bill) sets out the proposed fundamental changes to the assured/assured shorthold tenancy regime in England. One of the less high-profile changes set out in the Bill is to the operation of rent reviews.

Increase in home loss payments
Increase in home loss payments

Under the Land Compensation Act 1973, a landlord may have to pay a resident a home loss payment if the resident is permanently displaced from their home (subject to the circumstances and various conditions that have to be satisfied).

Load more