We wanted to share with you some good news regarding the work we have been doing for Community Land Trusts (CLTs) in connection with their community housing projects.
Working alongside the Wessex CLT Project, in the past few months several CLTs we have supported have now obtained planning permission for their project and some have started work on site.
We have set out a brief summary below of the CLTs we have been supporting and their latest developments, including some photos:
Bishops Caundle CLT (working with Aster Group)
- This project for 6 affordable homes (as part of a larger market-led project of 19 homes) has now started on site.
- The project includes the conversion of Grade 2 listed barns.
Marshfield CLT (working with United Communities)
- Planning consent has now been granted for a project of 12 affordable and 6 open market homes (including 3 self-builds) on a rural exception site in the Avon Green Belt and Cotswold AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
- The homes will be built to passivhaus principles (i.e. low energy buildings).
Broadwindsor Group Parish CLT (working with Yarlington Housing Group)
- Planning consent has now been granted for a project of 15 affordable homes in the Dorset AoNB.
We are also working with a number of other CLTs who are aiming to make planning applications in 2020/21.
We are delighted to have been able to support CLTs in Bishop’s Caundle, Marshfield and Broadwindsor to progress their affordable housing projects for local people. Many thanks to their housing association partners - Aster Group, United Communities and Yarlington Housing Group - and also to Anthony Collins Solicitors for their constant and timely support.Steve Watson - Affordable Housing Adviser, Wessex Community Land Trust Project