Anthony Collins Solicitors scooped ‘Excellence in Client Service - Private Clients’ at Birmingham Law Society’s 2021 Legal Awards.
The firm achieved Band 1 ranking in three practice areas, becoming the only firm to rank in the Chambers guide in Birmingham with a child-care practice, along with rankings for 12 practice areas.
Practice areas achieving Band 1 status were:
- Clinical Negligence (Claimant)
- Social Housing
Additionally, our Social Housing team outside London, led by Jonathan Cox, ranks as Band 2 – National Leaders (Outside London). Comments from interviewees across the ranked Band 1 practice areas include:
- Partner Rankeshwar Batta is “one of the best clinical negligence lawyers in the country” (Clinical Negligence – Claimant)
- “Quite simply the best child care firm in the Midlands” (Family/Matrimonial)
- “A fantastic firm…they are really top of their field – social housing is their forte” (Social Housing)
In terms of ranked individuals across different practice areas, the firm had a total of 21 lawyers in Chambers 2018 with special mention to the following:
Band 1 ranked
- Helen Tucker (Social Housing)
- Elizabeth Wyatt (Family/Matrimonial)
- Rankeshwar Batta (Personal Injury – Claimant & Clinical Negligence – Claimant)
- Jonathan Cox (Social Housing)
- Peter Hubbard (Social Housing)
Associates to Watch
- Sarah Huntbach (Clinical Negligence – Claimant)
- Chris Lloyd-Smith (Family/Matrimonial)
- Shivaji Shiva (Charities – UK-wide)
Senior Partner, Peter Hubbard, commented:
“It has been a great performance by the firm in the Chambers 2018 guide. Our Social Housing practice continues to receive recognition for its national work along with the important legal work our Family Law and Clinical Negligence departments deliver. We are proud as a firm of our purpose to improve lives, communities and society for our clients, so it’s also a pleasure to see recognition to members of staff across a range of practice areas including a growing list of ‘Associates to Watch’.”
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its Manchester office in a move to grow its presence in the North West.
The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team
A party seeking to restrict another's commercial activities must consider whether such terms are normal in similar, factual and contractual circumstances.
This ebriefing considers the Government’s proposals for challenges, as set out in Chapter 7 of the Green Paper entitled 'Fast and fair challenges'.
We’re delighted to announce that we have been ranked in the top five national legal advisers in the Top 3000 Charities 2021 directory.
The Law Commission published its report on Technical Issues in Charity Law in September 2017 following a public consultation.
Changing charitable purposes and amending governing documents.
Charity registration financial thresholds.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.