Anthony Collins Solicitors has been shortlisted for two Child Brain Injury Trust (CBIT) Diamond Awards.
The Civil Courts have now released a list of their priorities (see here).
The priorities are split into:
- Group 1 – work that must be done; and
- Group 2 – work that could be done.
We are pleased to see that within the Group 1 list are:
- Committals (top of the list!)
- Production of persons in custody following Power of Arrest detentions
- Anti-Social Behaviour/Harassment injunctions specifically
- Injunctions generally - but only those that have a real-time element (such as post-termination employment restrictions), noise or interference with property. This may or may not cover injunctions for access and/or condition of property/hoarders, depending on the urgency of the need for access or the time-critical need to deal with the condition.
- Any applications in cases listed for trial in the next 3 months
- Any applications where there is a substantial hearing listed in the next month
Also in the Group 1 list are applications to stay enforcement of existing possession orders.
This confirms that during the stay on all possession claims, ASB can and should be dealt with using injunction applications. Other housing management issues can also be considered for injunction claims, but the priority these are given will depend on the urgency of the issues.
If you would like any further advice, please contact Rebecca Sembuuze or any of the other housing litigators on 0121 212 7400.
Tom Gregory gives his perspective on mediation as a newly qualified solicitor.
Kelly Brown talks us through why she chose to become a mediator within family law.
What are the Covid-19 conundrums facing employers as we head into this year? Here are our top six along with some suggested solutions
When I started on my mediation journey, I did so on the basis that I wanted to help parties come to arrangements for their families and mitigate animosity that court proceedings inevitably led to.
Family mediation is one of several options that couples have when resolving child or financial issues that may arise during a separation process.
Matt Wort, partner and head of the health and social care team at Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS), a national law firm with offices in Birmingham and Manchester, has been named as one of the The Lawy
Family mediation is a process in which a professionally trained mediator, who is independent to both parties, helps you work out arrangements for your child(ren) and/or the division of finances follow
In the run-up to Christmas with the 'will they, won’t they cancel Christmas?' question clouding our thoughts, only the eagle-eyed will have noted a key Government announcement on Christmas Eve; temporary changes to the Health and Care Worker visa mean care workers will be eligible to work in the UK under this visa.
Recent Charity Commission inquiries and their implications for trustees, updates to guidance on volunteering and safeguarding and the steps you can take to prevent your charity falling victim to fraud
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.