Meet our team / Catherine Simpson
Senior associate in the governance, funding and corporate team
I am a senior associate in the governance and commercial department. I specialise in advising Registered Providers (RPs) and Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) on governance, corporate and regulatory matters, in the differing English and Welsh contexts.
I advise RP and RSL boards (and their executive teams) on a range of corporate, constitutional and governance matters. These include, but are not limited to, group structures, rule amendments, mergers, group rationalisations, conversions, incorporating (and winding up) organisations, advising on compliance with constitutional and statutory obligations, vires, charity, and regulatory requirements (including interaction with the regulators in England and Wales).
- Advising RPs and RSLs on compliance with constitutional, regulatory and statutory obligations
- Advising on group rationalisations, e.g. amalgamations and transfers of engagements
- Advice in connection with IDAs and voluntary undertakings to the regulator
- Constitutional amendments
- Setting up group structures, including establishing commercial subsidiaries