The Freedom of Information (extension) Bill seeks to expand the perimeters of the current legislation so that bodies working with or on behalf of public authorities will be directly caught by the Act.
Our experienced team of solicitors provides support and advice to co-operatives and mutuals on all aspects of IT and technology contracts.
In today’s technology-driven world computers, laptops, mobiles, tablets, the internet and social media have become integral to our everyday modern lives, both personally and in business. The value of data (business and personal) is becoming increasingly recognised along with the requirement to retain appropriate control of it, use it effectively and protect it.
We work in partnership with co-operatives and mutuals to provide advice and support on the law and practice relating to information and communications technology (ICT). Our cross-departmental team uses their extensive and varied experience to support co-operatives and mutuals on all aspects of IT and technology contracts.
Our balance of ICT expertise and knowledge of the commercial and legal environment of our clients makes us well placed to advise and support you with any ICT issues. We recognise that, whilst investment in ICT services and goods can vary from the thousands to millions of pounds, the value of the overall contract does not always reflect the potential harm to you if those services do not work as expected.
We therefore seek to tailor our advice, and costs for that advice, to the significance of the service to you balanced against the your budget.
Our IT-and-technology-contracts service
At Anthony Collins Solicitors our dedicated team can provide advice and support on all aspects of IT and technology contracts, including:
- Master agreements for the design, installation and support of more complex ICT systems software and hardware systems.
- The creation, use and protection of ICT-related intellectual property.
- Software and website-licensing and development agreements.
- Internet trading, including website compliance, marketing compliance, distance-selling and online-contracting and consumer-law and data-protection compliance.
- ICT outsourcing, hosting and “as a service” or subscription-based arrangements.
- The control and regulation of data and information, including data protection, freedom of information, investigatory powers (Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 regime) and confidentiality.
- The relationship between EU-procurement-law and ICT projects.
- Staff and employment matters.
- Management of consequences of data and other confidentiality breaches and resolution of disputes.
An advisor on areas relating to IT and construction.
We have been recognised for the work we do
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.