Our specialist housing management solicitors provide strategic and practical advice, support and training to housing association landlords in all aspects of housing management.
These services include:
- Drafting, reviewing and amending all forms of occupancy agreements to ensure they comply with all regulatory and legal requirements and are drafted in plain English.
- Advising on all housing management legal issues.
- Drafting and reviewing housing management agreements, including nominations agreements and service level agreements.
- Provide advice and support with all aspects of leasehold and shared ownership queries and disputes. Our specialist team support and advise on drafting, reviewing and varying leases, to enforcement of leasehold obligations and leaseholder consultation. We run matters to the First Tier (Property) Tribunal and so fully understand their powers and the procedures involved.
- Advice on rent policy, rent increases and all service charge related issues.
- Bespoke interactive training to equip landlords with the necessary skills and knowledge .
Review of policies and procedures and implementation of documentation to safeguard against future disputes.
- Perform risk analysis.
Provisions within the Housing and Planning Act that remove the need for housing associations (“HAs”) to obtain consent from the Regulator to dispose of social housing (as well as to merge or enter new group structures) came into force on 6 April.
Such freedoms will allow HAs greater flexibility over how they use their assets and, potentially, how they structure their businesses. Our expert panel gathered to discuss the possible opportunities the deregulatory measures offer, together with the likely hurdles. Read the outcome of their discussion here.