I qualified into the construction team in 2018. I regularly support housing associations and public sector clients with a range of projects, disputes and funding applications, usually involving construction aspects. I regularly assist clients by drafting and negotiating construction contracts to meet their needs and match their risk profile. I also support clients to navigate the public procurement and State aid/subsidies regimes.
I have experience supporting clients across a range of exciting projects. My main passion is for major projects, particularly infrastructure, but I also assist with funding applications and smaller works contracts and enjoy supporting clients to achieve meaningful and worthwhile public projects.
Key examples include:
– Supporting a local authority to procure a £1.2bn highways maintenance contract, supporting mostly on the construction documents, but also assisting by attendance through a competitive dialogue process.
– Supporting several housing associations entering into joint ventures and development agreements for significant housing development projects.
– Assisting a science and innovation park on a number of funding applications linked to the expansion of the science park by advising on the State aid/subsidies regime and the public procurement rules.
– I co-authored the legal chapter in the first book dedicated to achieving social value in construction. I also regularly provide training and presentations to clients on the subsidies regime, procurement and construction issues.
- State aid/subsidies
- Construction and development