Our experienced governance team provides support and advice to community organisations to help them decide on the best legal structure for their new ventures.
When setting up a new venture or setting up a venture linked to a current organisation, you will need to give consideration to the best form of legal structure for the new venture. Your new venture may be for the purpose of creating a new body for charitable purposes, a commercial-business venture, to act as a co-operative or to achieve broad social aims.
Whatever the purpose, our experienced governance team will work in partnership with you to guide you through the process of setting up your new venture and ensuring it is set up with the best-suited legal structure.
In addition to advising on legal structures, our governance team can also support community organisations with the governance of new ventures. We work together with community organisations to look at:
- Who the members or shareholders will be.
- Who will be on the board, and how they will be appointed.
- How different interests or groups will be protected.
Our services on new legal structures
At Anthony Collins Solicitors we work in partnership with community organisations to understand what it is their new ventures aims to achieve, how they plan to achieve their goals and how they see the organisation developing. This understanding enables us to advise on the best legal structure. We have worked with a variety of clients in the social-business sector to help them set up many kinds of structures, including:
- Commercial organisations, including limited companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, and PLCs.
- Social enterprises, including community-interest companies and community-benefit societies.
- Charities, including Charitable Incorporated Organisations and charitable companies limited by guarantee.
- Co-operatives and mutuals, including employee-owned organisations.
We can also help with more complex structures such as joint ventures or mergers. We have created complex vehicles for delivering community-led projects, co-operative initiatives and social businesses involving a wide range of partners and groups. We can help you weigh up how best to balance those interests.