Helping schools flourish
Supporting schools to develop is at the heart of our education team’s work. We are committed to sharing our experience, expertise and guidance in our partnerships with Academies and MATs.
Our education work extends well beyond the delivery of academy conversions. We can provide legal, strategic and commercial input across a wide range of issues including:
- Accessing DfE grants.
- Income generation through charging and trading services.
- The design of MAT structures & MAT Boards.
- The development of innovative Schemes of Delegation.
- The design of simple collaborative models for schools that may not wish to join a MAT.
- A ‘rapid-response’ service for schools and academies that face significant risk.
- Procurement law and practice.
- Contract negotiation with third-party providers.
- The establishment of VAT cost-saving groups.
- Pension and employment issues.
- Performance management and removal of staff.
- Data protection, freedom of information and social media issues.
- Policy writing.
- Health and safety support.
- Specialist coaching and training for Governors, Chairs and Company Secretaries.
In addition to the formal legal services we provide many of our clients regularly ask us to contribute to their strategic planning, giving us the opportunity to offer a wider service, including our collaborative working and leadership development expertise.
In addition to providing skills transfer opportunities, we find that this contributes to developing a fuller partnering relationship with our clients.
“There is no doubt that Anthony Collins Solicitors have become part of our extended family with support and service of the highest quality being offered to us and our schools with value for money and excellence at the heart”
Linda Wainscot - Diocesan Director of Education, Diocese of Coventry
“I value the understanding Chris shows of our unique situation and ‘values’ rather than suggesting a generic solution from somewhere else...Chris gives generously of his time and knowledge and has very quickly understood our needs, lack of capacity and the need to move swiftly with this agenda. ”
Sarah Smith - Diocesan Director of education, Diocese of Birmingham
“Overall it was a highly professional yet personal service and I would highly recommend Anthony Collins Solicitors to any educational organisation”
Mark Heuston - Executive Principal, South Newcastle Trust