In these challenging times churches, charities, social enterprises and other not-for-profit organisations are navigating enormous changes to the landscape in which they operate. This involves grappling with complex issues every day, often while managing increased demand for their services.
Anthony Collins Solicitors has nationally recognised expertise in this area of law, with a particular reputation for working with churches and more widely with Faith charities.
We are currently advising a range of clients on:
- Property: Including acquisition and disposal of land, complex development deals, boundary disputes, tenancies and shared use agreements.
- Governance: Advice on interpreting and amending governing documents, including training for trustees on their role and responsibilities.
- Collaboration: From informal partnerships, to joint working arrangements to the development of consortia for the delivery of public services.
- Staffing issues: Supporting charities of all sizes, from national social care providers to local churches with their employment needs. This often involves restructuring their staffing arrangements to reduce costs while maintaining the quality of the services they deliver.
- Contracts and commercial law: Including advice on grants, funding agreements and a variety of other contracts.
- Restructuring: From incorporating new organisations (creating charitable incorporated organisations and companies limited by guarantee) to mergers and group re-organisations.
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP is a specialist law firm. We have an understanding and empathy with the voluntary sector that underpins the ethos of the whole firm, which has been working with not-for-profit bodies including churches since its foundation in 1973.
Our depth of experience is independently recognised by both the major independent legal directories, Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. We act for several hundred charities which range in size and activity from small community organisations, churches and grant-making trusts to very large national charities including, the Baptist Union Corporation, the Seventh-Day Adventists, Mind, Sense and Friends of the Elderly. We also act for a number of national umbrella bodies for churches.
The firm’s client base extends across the voluntary sector with a particular emphasis on:
- Charities: Helping charities to be effective in their specialist area, including formation, governance, compliance, procurement, contracts, property and employment issues.
- Housing: One of the top UK law firms supporting social housing providers with a range of legal services, including governance, finance, procurement, construction, housing management and employment
- Local government: We understand the complexities of local government law and the landscape within which councils operate and are one of the few firms genuinely able to provide a 'full service' to local authorities.
- Health & social care: We focus on supporting and advising organisations who serve vulnerable people, to achieve their goals.
- Education: We are nationally recognised education law experts, trusted by schools, academies, education providers and dioceses across the country.
- Social business: Guidance for co-operatives, social enterprises, values-driven businesses and community organisations. Delivering purpose through enterprise.
For more information
Please contact Dominic Curran.