Over the past two years, we have seen an increasing number of GDPR claims being made alleging that an individual’s data protection rights have been breached.
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, we understand there are significant factors that may impact on the way in which legal services should be provided for the older client. We never make assumptions about a client’s legal needs simply based on their age. However, any of the following factors can increase the level of risk faced by a client, highlighting the need for bespoke advice from an experienced and independent solicitor:
- The importance of the proposed action, eg the person is thinking about making a substantial lifetime gift or making their will.
- The impact any decision made now may have on the person’s future standard of living.
- A decision to hand over substantial over control to another person, for example, when making a lasting power of attorney.
- Possible limitations on the person’s ability to increase their income or capital reserves in the future – what they have now has to “last the course”.
- Health issues that may cause the person to rely more heavily on others and so make the person vulnerable to undue influence or pressure.
Sheree Green, Regional Chair for Solicitors for the Elderly, was delighted to be invited to share her expertise in this area by contributing two key chapters to this new handbook; namely “Acting for the Elderly Client” and “Capacity and Best Interests Decision making”.
For more information
If you or an older family member need specialist legal advice in relation to a specific matter, or more widely in relation to organising your affairs, please contact Sheree Green.
Anthony Collins Solicitors are delighted to announce that they have been ranked as a Band 1 firm in Chambers and Partners 2022.
Alice Kinder, pensions and employment solicitor takes on the role in representing and supporting more than 5,500 legal professionals located across Birmingham and the Greater Midlands.
Our annual virtual employment law update catches up on the cases, legislation and changes over the last 12 months.
Anthony Collins Solicitors are presenting a series of podcasts with employees to raise awareness about disabilities around the firm.
Answering key questions about the details and practicalities of mandatory vaccinations in care home settings.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its market-leading social housing property team.
On 7 September 2021, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) published its annual consumer review.
From today (1 October 2021) there is yet more change on the possession front!
We are delighted to secure our position as a top-tier firm in five of our practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 edition.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.