Over the past two years, we have seen an increasing number of GDPR claims being made alleging that an individual’s data protection rights have been breached.
The firm achieved Band 1 ranking in three practice areas, becoming the only firm to rank in the Chambers guide in Birmingham with a child-care practice, along with rankings for 12 practice areas.
Practice areas achieving Band 1 status were:
- Clinical Negligence (Claimant)
- Social Housing
Additionally, our Social Housing team outside London, led by Jonathan Cox, ranks as Band 2 – National Leaders (Outside London). Comments from interviewees across the ranked Band 1 practice areas include:
- Partner Rankeshwar Batta is “one of the best clinical negligence lawyers in the country” (Clinical Negligence – Claimant)
- “Quite simply the best child care firm in the Midlands” (Family/Matrimonial)
- “A fantastic firm…they are really top of their field – social housing is their forte” (Social Housing)
In terms of ranked individuals across different practice areas, the firm had a total of 21 lawyers in Chambers 2018 with special mention to the following:
Band 1 ranked
- Helen Tucker (Social Housing)
- Elizabeth Wyatt (Family/Matrimonial)
- Rankeshwar Batta (Personal Injury – Claimant & Clinical Negligence – Claimant)
- Jonathan Cox (Social Housing)
- Peter Hubbard (Social Housing)
Associates to Watch
- Sarah Huntbach (Clinical Negligence – Claimant)
- Chris Lloyd-Smith (Family/Matrimonial)
- Shivaji Shiva (Charities – UK-wide)
Senior Partner, Peter Hubbard, commented:
“It has been a great performance by the firm in the Chambers 2018 guide. Our Social Housing practice continues to receive recognition for its national work along with the important legal work our Family Law and Clinical Negligence departments deliver. We are proud as a firm of our purpose to improve lives, communities and society for our clients, so it’s also a pleasure to see recognition to members of staff across a range of practice areas including a growing list of ‘Associates to Watch’.”
Anthony Collins Solicitors are delighted to announce that they have been ranked as a Band 1 firm in Chambers and Partners 2022.
Alice Kinder, pensions and employment solicitor takes on the role in representing and supporting more than 5,500 legal professionals located across Birmingham and the Greater Midlands.
Our annual virtual employment law update catches up on the cases, legislation and changes over the last 12 months.
Anthony Collins Solicitors are presenting a series of podcasts with employees to raise awareness about disabilities around the firm.
Answering key questions about the details and practicalities of mandatory vaccinations in care home settings.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its market-leading social housing property team.
On 7 September 2021, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) published its annual consumer review.
From today (1 October 2021) there is yet more change on the possession front!
We are delighted to secure our position as a top-tier firm in five of our practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 edition.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.