This full day event will provide housing associations with an update and practical advice on the implementation of the voluntary right to buy (VRTB).
The day will feature talks from experts in the field and workshops to enable delegates to work through the practical issues around implementing the new scheme.
What is it about?
This event will give delegates the opportunity to
- get first-hand practical advice on design and implementation of the VRTB from one of the pilot organisations;
- look at VRTB scheme design and what input individual HAs can have;
- take a look at business planning with the VRTB in mind;
- explore the viability of one for one replacement;
- discuss the key issue of tackling RTB fraud;
- explore how HAs can set up an efficient sales process (including handling tenant complaints);
- share and discuss best practice with contemporaries from across the country.
Who will be there?
- Carol Lavender from Riverside will share her experience of the Pilot.
- Jonathan Cox, Partner with 30 years of RTB experience who leads our team acting for the Pilot HAs.
- Rob Hallott, Partner who specialises in development and stock acquisition.
- Emma Holmes, Associate, who leads our RTB team.
- There will be an opportunity to meet with our other housing specialist lawyers following registration and during the breaks.
- The session also provides you with the chance to network with your counterparts from other organisations to share knowledge and experiences.
Why should I attend?
- To hear first-hand experience of dealing with the VRTB from one of the Pilot HAs.
- To learn about practical ways of managing all aspects of the new VRTB scheme.
- An opportunity to network with other housing professionals and share best practice.
Who should attend?
- Chief Executives
- Executive Directors
- Managers of RTB teams
- RTB Officers
We expect demand to be high. We reserve the right to limit places to 3 delegates per organisation.
RTB clients (if you currently instruct us on your Right to Buy conveyancing work): 2 places free (then £95 plus VAT for a 3rd delegate)
Non-RTB clients: 1st 2 places £95 plus VAT (then £45 plus VAT for a 3rd delegate)
9.30am registration for 10.00am start. Refreshments and lunch provided.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.