This workshop shows you how to manage absenteeism in education whether it be teachers or support staff.
We will look at best practice including:
- how to manage short and long-term absences
- investigate the reason for any absenteeism
- supporting employees with potential disabilities
- how to liaise with other professionals and get the best out your occupational health referrals
- how to manage those on long-term sick leave and the options available to both parties
In a challenging economic climate with continuing budget cuts and increasing expectations of staff, sickness absence remains an ongoing problem that is important to address. We will help you consider how to address the problem, and include a legal employment law update on other wider topical issues that you should be aware of regarding business immigration, pensions, discrimination by way of examples.
Why should people attend?
We will give you the confidence to proactively deal with absenteeism and get it right. The session will be interactive, engaging and practical. Delegates will get the chance to discuss scenarios with other professionals both at the networking breakfast prior to the session and in discussion groups during the morning.
Breakfast will be provided
- 09:30 Registration and networking
- 10:00 Start
- 11:30 Close
Who will be there?
Your employment in education team:
- Matthew Gregson - Partner, Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Chris Whittington - Partner, Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Katherine Sinclair - Senior Associate, Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Doug Mullen - Senior Associate, Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Hazel Robbins - Solicitor, Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Sarah Harnett - Solicitor, Anthony Collins Solicitors
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at email@example.com and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this? Even though we may not repeat this specific seminar again, we hold lots of other events that may be of relevance to you so please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your chosen areas of interest.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.