What is it about?
- The day will be split into two sessions; leasehold enfranchisement and Right to Buy.
- We will look at the right to purchase the freehold of a property and the right to a lease extension of a property, including their relevance for Right to Buy properties.
- To discuss the tricky Right to Buy issues including exceptions, succession, notices of delay, shared accessways and post completion queries.
- To share and discuss best practice when dealing with these types of applications.
- To better understand the asset management implications that these type of cases may generate.
Who will be there?
- The session will be led by Emma Fuller and Kristi Woodhouse, members of our Housing Management team.
- There will be an opportunity to meet with other lawyers from the Housing theme following registration and during the breaks.
- The session also provides you with the chance to network with your counterparts from other organisations to share knowledge and experiences.
Why should I attend?
- To understand the implications of non-compliance with the statutory leasehold enfranchisement process if you are served with a notice.
- To gain a better understanding of the more complex Right to Buy issues.
- An opportunity to network with other housing professionals and share best practice.
Registration from 9:30hrs and lunch from 12:30-13:15hrs.
Sign up to Newsroom
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.