LocationTHE WESLEY, 81-103 Euston Street, London, NW1 2EZ Get directions
Book your place£50 plus VAT
This will be invoiced after sign up
With a long-term funding solution looking years away, the CQC proposing to introduce provider level assessments, and with National Minimum Wage issues prevailing, these are just a few of the challenges our clients are wrestling with.
Why should you attend?
Join our team of experts for a briefing that will cover the key legal and governance issues that you may face in the next 12 months, and advise how to overcome these challenges. The session will cover the following:
- How is governance different for health and social care providers?
- Governance of organisations under pressure
- How to verify your governance is fit for purpose – stress testing before the stress happens
- Resolving difficult issues:
- Board/executive team relationships;
- Chair/Board relationships; and
- Chief executive/board/team relationships.
- What might “best practice” in governance look like over the next five years?
Regulation – Sarah Knight
- CQC’s agenda and behaviour and the likely new provider inspection;
- Best practice for CQC inspections; and
- Challenging CQC’s reviews.
- Recruitment and Retention – 10 ideas for action; and
- National Living Wage – preparing for and handling an HMRC inspection and the next steps on sleep ins.
Contracts and Commissioning – Emma Watt
- Tactics being deployed by local authorities in their contracting practices and how to combat them;
- Care Act duties that can be used to your advantage in the commissioning framework; and
- Ensuring your contracts with service users are compliant with consumer law in light of the CMA market study.
Procurement – Andrew Lancaster
- Is a flexible procurement process possible?
- Can you secure a contract without procurement?
Finance – Jon Coane
- Making the most of your assets to raise loans to grow your business
- Types of funding suitable for the social care market; and
- Key issues to consider when raising debt finance.
Who should attend?
This session is designed for chief executives of health and social care organisations. It provides an opportunity to understand upcoming issues and network with your peers, as well as our in-house experts. Some of the content for this session was presented in April at our Birmingham event, for which feedback included:
"Best and most relevant briefing I've been on all year!"
Steve Allen, Chief Executive, Friends of the Elderly
Registration is from 9.30 am for a 10.00 am start, and the session will finish at 1.30 pm. Lunch will follow, and you will have the opportunity to network and book a free, 30-minute, consultation with one of the speakers. To register your interest for a consultation, please click here.
Please note: these 30-minute slots are limited, and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. We will contact you to inform you of your slot time.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.