To help you overcome the challenges ahead, we would like to invite you to join our team of experts for a session which will cover the key legal and governance issues you may face in the next 12 months. The session will cover the following:
Governance – John Wearing
- How is governance different for health and social care providers?
- Governance of organisations under pressure
- How to verify your governance is fit for purpose – stress testing before the stress happens
- Resolving difficult issues
- Board/exec team relationships
- Chair/Board relationships
- Chief exec/board/team relationships
- What might “best practice” in governance look like over the next five years?
Regulation – Sarah Knight
- CQC’s agenda and behaviour;
- Best practice for CQC inspections; and
- Challenging CQC’s reviews.
- Recruitment and Retention – 10 ideas for action; and
- National Living Wage – preparing for and handling an HMRC inspection
Contracts and Commissioning – Emma Watt
- Tactics being deployed by local authorities in their contracting practices and how to combat them;
- Care Act duties that can be used to your advantage in the commissioning framework; and
- Ensuring your contracts with service users are compliant with consumer law.
Procurement – Andrew Lancaster
- Is a flexible procurement process possible?
- Can you secure a contract without procurement?
Finance – Jon Coane
- Making the most of your assets to raise loans to grow your business
- Types of funding suitable for the social care market; and
- Key issues to consider when raising debt finance.
This session is designed for Chief Executives of Health and Social care organisations. It provides an opportunity to understand upcoming issues and network with your peers, as well as our in-house experts.
Registration is from 9:00 am for a 9:30 am start, and the session will finish at 1 pm. This will then be followed by lunch and the opportunity to network.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.