Location134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES Get directions
Book your placeFree Event
No other industry has experienced more change and financial pressure in the past five years than the care industry. In this challenging climate, keeping up with HR and Employment developments and managing complex sector-specific workforce issues has become even more important than before.
Join Anthony Collins Solicitors’ Matt Wort, Anna Dabek, Joanna Burrows and Sarah Knight in this workshop that will address some of the most common and important issues that HR professionals in the social care sector currently face. These issues include:
- CQC inspections and rating – how can HR help to identify the need for change and make it happen? Led by Sarah Knight and Matt Wort
- Working Time Regulation – how can you ensure compliance with your rest break obligations? Led by Anna Dabek
- New General Data Protection Regulations – what are the new obligations and what should HR professionals be doing to prepare? Led by Joanna Burrows
- Employment v Safeguarding obligations – when is the right time to suspend and/or make a referral to the Local Authority Safeguarding Team, the DBS or the Police? Led by Sarah Knight and Matt Wort
- National Minimum Wage – are you compliant? Led by Anna Dabek
This workshop will ensure that you understand the legal requirements that are in place for the areas above and will give you practical advice on what approach you may want to adopt within your organisation, both to ensure compliance and to allow it to thrive.
There will also be the chance to network with colleagues from other organisations over lunch, providing the opportunity to share knowledge and experiences and to gain an understanding of how other people are responding to the latest challenges the sector is facing.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.