LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES Get directions
Book your place£100 plus VAT
Free for Enfranchisement and RTB clients
What is it about?
The morning session will give delegates the opportunity to:
- explore any post-election plans affecting the right to buy;
- go through the RTB legislation step by step either as an introduction to the process or as a refresher;
- ensure statutory compliance for their organisations;
- share and discuss best practice when dealing with these types of applications; and
- better understand the asset management implications that these type of cases may generate.
The afternoon session will explore:
- The right to purchase the freehold
- The right to seek a statutory lease extension
- Leasehold Reform Act 1967 (houses)
- Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (flats)
- Critical key dates and the consequences should these dates be missed.
- Tricky areas / common issues
Who will be there?
- The session will be led by Emma Holmes and Matthew Roach. Emma leads the right to buy team at ACS and Matthew is the firm’s lead in respect of leasehold enfranchisement and lease extension matters.
- There will be an opportunity to meet with other lawyers from the Housing theme following registration and during the breaks.
- The session also provides you with the chance to network with your counterparts from other organisations to share knowledge and experiences.
Why should I attend?
- To gain a better understanding of the right to buy/preserved right to buy/right to acquire and leasehold enfranchisement/lease extension process and tackle tricky issues.
- An opportunity to network with other housing professionals and share best practice.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.