LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Steet, Birmingham B3 2ES Get directions
Book your placeFree
What is it about?
A Procurement and Purchasing Workshop to help take you from compliance to best practice.
Did you know that incorrectly tendering a catering contract or investing in a major ICT contract can put you in breach of EU law? And that you might also end up on the wrong end of a Notice to Improve if the DfE gets involved?
Imagine, instead, you could save thousands of pounds a year to plough back into school improvement at the same time as securing better value from your suppliers and better protection under the contract?
We’ll be exploring the following areas during this highly practical, inter-active Workshop:
- steering your way safely through the procurement rules;
- reviewing the DfE guidance on procurement and purchasing;
- getting the right documentary evidence in place;
- changes on the horizon – the new EU regime;
- accessing savings through framework agreements;
- setting up a procurement consortium of your own;
- securing better quality supplies through the Localism Agenda; and
- avoiding the common contract pitfalls.
Who will be there?
This Workshop will be of interest to:
- Diocesan Directors of Education;
- CEOs and Finance Directors of Multi-Academy Trusts; and
- Headteachers and Bursars of secondary schools; and larger primary schools.
Why should I attend?
This free Workshop should help you develop an effective strategy for purchasing and procurement, drawing on invaluable insights from some of the most senior legal experts in the field.
Registration from 09.30am.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.