The recent Whitepaper ‘Education Excellence Everywhere’ confirmed the government's intention that, by the end of 2020, all schools will be academies or in the process of becoming academies and that the vast majority of these schools will form or join a MAT.
At the same time academies with two or three years’ successful operation under their belts are also looking at the MAT model to secure their long-term stability and sustainability. Finally, growing MATs need to keep on top of the latest thinking to ensure they keep ahead of the game.
The Workshop will address the ‘nuts and bolts’ of how to become and grow a successful MAT, including:
- How to capture your vision and ethos and then translate this into a ‘School Offer’.
- Getting the right legal structure in place.
- Financial planning and how to avoid the common pitfalls.
- Understanding and resolving HR and employment issues.
- Establishing a ‘fit for purpose’ Board of Governors for your new MAT.
Please note that registration is at 9.00am for a 9.30am start.
Who will be there?
The Workshop is for members of the Birmingham Education Partnership and will be relevant to Heads, Governors, Bursars and Business Managers as well as:
- Schools and groups of schools considering conversion.
- Established Academies.
- MATs already on the journey.
- Chris Whittington, Head of Education – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Phil Watts, Senior Associate, Education Team – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- James Monk, Associate, Education Team – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Alison Wood Head of Education Finance Services – Entrust
What others say
“Attend it if academisation is even remotely on your radar… which it should be!”
“It was thought provoking. Led by knowledgeable tutors who ensured I had confidence in their presentations and views. Pacey – kept me engaged throughout the day.”
“A must! Even if you don’t want to explore MATs, it’s worth hearing about how all schools will be steered and in what duration.”
For more information
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.