LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2ES, United Kingdom Get directions
Book your placeFree
FEW PLACES REMAINING
Due to popular demand, we have decided to re-run the workshop originally delivered on 6 March 2018.
The Social Care Sector continues to experience significant workforce challenges and financial pressures. In this challenging climate, keeping up with HR and employment developments and managing complex sector-specific workforce issues continues to be more important than ever.
Join Anthony Collins Solicitors’ Matthew Wort and Anna Dabek in this workshop that will address some of the tricky and challenging issues that HR professionals face in the social care sector. We will work through a case study, where you will have the opportunity to participate in roundtable discussions on the following issues:
• TUPE transfers - Is there a TUPE transfer? Who has the right to transfer? What rights and liabilities transfer? What are your information and consultation obligations? How to best manage ELI?
• Whistleblowing - When does disclosure become a protected disclosure? How do you manage a whistleblowing allegation? What rights are afforded to a whistleblower?
• Vicarious liability - What are your potential risks and liabilities? How do you manage organisational risk of becoming liable for actions of your employees?
Finally, if it all goes wrong and you receive an Employment Tribunal (ET) claim, we will provide you with a few top tips on managing ET proceedings effectively and cost efficiently.
Why should I attend?
This workshop will ensure that you understand the legal requirements that are in place for the areas above and will give you practical advice on what approach you may want to adopt within your organisation, both to ensure compliance and to allow it to thrive.
There will also be the chance to network with colleagues from other organisations over lunch, providing the opportunity to share knowledge and experiences and gain an understanding of how other people are responding to the latest challenges the sector is facing.
- 9:30-10:00 Registration and light breakfast
- 10:00-13:00 Presentations and workshops
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch and networking
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.