This interactive half-day training has been designed to equip officers regularly attending the county court with up to date knowledge and confidence to obtain the best possible outcomes in possession claims.
What's it about?
The session includes a mock hearing to put into practice the following topics which are also covered:
- An overview of the county court, including key court terms and rules explained;
- Discussion around the requirements of the pre-action protocol for housing possession claims;
- What does a judge need to be satisfied with in order to grant a Possession Order?;
- Effectively preparing for hearings;
- Advocacy techniques;
- Presenting mock hearings in relation to a rent possession claim, a claim for possession on a mandatory ground for possession and a warrant suspension application.
- 09:00 Registration for a 09:30 start. A light breakfast will be provided.
- 11:00 Break
- 13:00 Finish
Feedback received from previous sessions
“A lot of useful information and tips have been provided and I found it very helpful. I will definitely be applying this in practice. Really enjoyed the training – thank you”
“The session has really helped my confidence and overall knowledge regarding the court – really useful”
Who's it for?
The session is aimed at those working with assured tenancies.
Alex Loxton - Anthony Collins Solicitors
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this? Even though we may not repeat this specific seminar again, we hold lots of other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.