What is it about?
This online webinar will provide a comprehensive overview for charities of the tax and legal implications of charity fundraising activities with commercial organisations. The advice and information will be practical, and the training will be interactive to encourage discussion and shared learning with other delegates.
What will be covered?
- Overview of core fundraising relationships - Commercial partnerships, professional fundraisers, donations, charities of the year, grants;
- The fundamental legal considerations and risk areas for each of the core relationships;
- Fundraising Regulator developments;
- Valuation of logo licensing by charities;
- Tax considerations of fundraising partnerships, including:
- When is income a donation, and when a fee;
- whether the income is vatable;
- whether the income should be in the trading subsidiary or charity;
- how to do a split arrangement; and
- key planning points.
Why should you attend?
If you are senior/director level within the fundraising team of a charitable organisation, this is an opportunity to explore fundraising arrangements and key risks. It will also be a useful reminder for charity in-house legal team members. We will provide clarity on tax positions and assistance in thinking about how to value logo licensing.
This webinar is suitable for those working in charities, fundraising, in-house legal teams and health and social care.
If this sounds of interest, please register via the 'Book Now' button at the top of the page.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email us at email@example.com and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event?
Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.