The days of the single academy conversion appear numbered as the DfE continues to point schools down the MAT route. If you’re thinking about conversion almost inevitably you will also need to consider the MAT model.
At the same time academies with two or three years’ successful operation under their belts are also looking at the MAT model to secure their long-term stability and sustainability.
Finally, growing MATs need to keep on top of the latest thinking to ensure they keep ahead of the game.
What’s it about?
The Workshop will address the ‘nuts and bolts’ of how to become and grow a successful MAT, including:
- how to capture your vision and ethos and then translate this into a ‘School Offer’;
- getting the right legal structure in place;
- financial planning and how to avoid the common pitfalls;
- understanding and resolving HR and employment issues; and
- establishing a ‘fit for purpose’ Board of Governors for your new MAT. Who will be there?
The Workshop will be relevant to Bursars and Business Managers as well as Heads, Governors and Chairs of:
- individual schools and groups of schools considering conversion;
- established Academies that are looking to the next stage of their development; and
- MATs already on the journey.
Bookings are on a first come first served basis and initially restricted to two per school/academy/MAT. If you want more please do call us to discuss.
For more information
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.