LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES, United Kingdom Get directions
Please note - This event will be invoiced at £95+VAT PP unless free training has been agreed under a Service Level Agreement.
Challenges faced by the Health Social Care sector, be it the impact of Brexit, financial constraints or compliance and regulatory requirements, are particularly acute at this time. Against this back drop, clarity on relevant issues and sector specific advice is invaluable.
At the annual HR Issues in Social Care workshop, Matthew Wort and Anna Dabek, will address some of the current issues with sector-based advice and training. Sector specific case studies and discussion groups with colleagues will provide opportunity to explore specific issues that social care providers face, and share knowledge and experiences with fellow professionals.
- Atypical Working Arrangements – to include an overview of employment status challenges in relation to bank workers and their key rights and obligations; the Taylor Review and the recent Government’s response through the Good Work Plan; and holiday rights for atypical working arrangements common in the sector, including zero hour contracts
- Subject Access Requests and GDPR – to include practical advice on responding to SARs and reducing the requirement for exhaustive and expensive searches
- General Update – to include the recent Mencap case on sleep-ins; general National Minimum Wage update; and the implications of Brexit on the workforce
Who should attend?
This workshop will be invaluable for all HR professionals in the health and social care sector. It will provide bespoke advice on issues which are key at this time and will give ample opportunities for discussions and shared learning through case studies and break out groups.
The event will end with lunch giving delegates a great opportunity to chat through issues with the ACS team or fellow HR professionals, and find out how other providers are addressing topics which are particularly relevant at this time.
- 9:30-10:00 Registration and light breakfast
- 10:00-13:00 Presentations and workshops
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch and networking
Who will be there?
Anna Dabek - Partner, Anthony Collins Solicitors
Matt Wort - Partner, Anthony Collins Solicitors
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited, there are only two places per organisation available.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this? Even though we may not repeat this specific seminar again, we hold lots of other events that may be of relevance to you so please email email@example.com with your chosen areas of interest.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.