LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES, United Kingdom Get directions
What is it about?
On 25 May last year, the single most well-publicised piece of legislation in recent memory came into force across Europe, namely, the GDPR.
Since then, a spate of other less known but equally important developments have followed:
- the UK’s very own Data Protection Act 2018
- the Data Protection (charges and information) Regulations 2018
- several new or updated guidance’s from the Information Commissioner’s office as well as some notable enforcement action around Europe and in the UK in certain fields
Now that the dust has temporarily settled, where do you find yourselves in terms of your data protection compliance? On high alert - all systems go, stuck in a rut, overrated so parked until further notice, or simply, managing?
If you join us on Tuesday 2 July, we will provide you with some food for thought and help you consider next steps no matter where you fit into this spectrum.
What will be covered?
- legislative developments – and where are we with Brexit?;
- a case update – key takeaways;
- problem areas – subject access requests, breaches and a healthy dose of common sense!;
- e-privacy – much ado about nothing;
- next steps – where the west wind is blowing.
Brunch will be provided
- 09:30 Registration, refreshments and networking for a 10:00 start
- 11:00 Q&A, summary and closing remarks
- Eeshma Qazi, Solicitor - Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Jana Zacheva, Associate - Anthony Collins Solicitors
Who will be there?
ACS data protection practitioners who live and breathe the challenges that have come with the new swathe of data protection developments. The event will provide delegates with a great opportunity to mingle with a variety of organisations and people from diverse backgrounds, all coming together to exchange their nous and crucially, to sound out the very real logistical and sometimes moral dilemmas that they face in complying with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this? We will be looking to repeat this session in both Manchester and London at a later date. If you would like to raise interest in attending the event at either of these locations then please email the events team on email@example.com
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.