LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES, United Kingdom Get directions
“But where’s the money coming from?!” For many churches, a major capital project is a huge challenge, well outside of their usual experience and expertise. Whether it’s a new boiler or a new roof, a complete re-ordering of the worship area, or building a new hall or even a new church, ‘trying harder’ simply isn’t going to be enough.
What is it about?
Anthony Collins Solicitors are delighted to partner with Action Planning, specialist fundraising and strategy consultants in the Christian charity sector, to present this workshop.
During this session, we will:
- explore how to develop a powerful case for support that will encourage people to give;
- unpack why people give and how to ask them to do so;
- examine the various sources of funds available to churches for capital projects, and how to be realistic and effective when reaching out;
- provide tips on what to look for when entering into construction contracts, and how to ensure you have the right charity structure to carry out the project;
- explore how to put together an effective action plan for fundraising for your capital project, whilst recognising the importance of underpinning this with prayer.
Why should you attend?
Delegates will be guided through how to fundraise and how to run capital appeal effectively.
Lunch will be provided
- 09:30 Arrival for a 10:00 start
- 10:00 Welcome and introductions
- 10:10 What would success look like today?
- 10:20 A framework for a fundraising strategy
- 11:30 Coffee
- 11:45 Why people give, and how to ask
- 12:00 Developing the case for support - case for support exercise
- 12:45 Lunch
- 13:30 The fundraising feasibility study: its purpose, value, and how it’s done
- 14:00 Fit for purpose – top tips for charity governance and construction projects
- 14:15 Making the ask, and sourcing lead gifts: how to apply this to our situation
- 15.00 Break
- 15:15 Implementing the campaign – developing action plans
- 16.00 Review of the day
- 16:15 Q&A, summary and closing remarks
David Saint, Action Planning
Sean Tully, Action Planning
Kieran Binnie, Anthony Collins Solicitors
Edwina Turner, Anthony Collins Solicitors
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited. Where we are heavily oversubscribed we will limit places to one or two people per charity/church, in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least two weeks before the event date.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.