On 20 December 2018, the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 received royal assent and will come into force on 20 March 2019. The Act amends the current implied “fitness obligations” under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.
It will affect:
- New tenancies of less than seven years term, granted after 20 March 2019;
- New secured, assured or introductory tenancies for a fixed term of seven years or more, granted after 20 March 2019;
- Existing periodic or secure tenancies (but only after 20 March 2020); and
- Fixed leases renewed after 20 March 2019 for a further fixed term (the renewal will be treated as a grant of a new tenancy).
For the full e-briefing - click here
What is this Masterclass about?
- Have you seen an increase in the number of disrepair claims from tenant solicitors? Yes!
- Are you confident in your strategy in managing the claims? No?
- Do you know how and why the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 is going to affect your repairs services? No?
If you can relate to any of the answers above, then join us for this one day disrepair masterclass. The training will be interactive and include practical case studies which you will be able to apply to real situations. You will also have the opportunity to discuss with other organisations and work through examples.
Who is the event for?
- Housing officers
- Legal officers
- Housing managers
- Asset and maintenance managers and officers
- In house surveyors
- Front line staff dealing with repairs
- 09:30 Registration, networking and light breakfast
- 10:00 Start
- 13:00 Lunch
- 15:45 Finish
This training session is designed to;-
- Provide you with the skills, legal knowledge and understanding around your repairing obligations.
- Equip you with guidance on a strategy to deal with disrepair claims more effectively in house.
- Provide clear guidance on when to instruct an expert.
- Provide you with a clear understanding of the Homes (Fitness for Habitation) Act 2018 and the impact it will have on your repairs and maintenance services.
The training will be interactive and include very practical case studies to work through so that you can apply your learning to real situations. The masterclass will also provide an opportunity to ask questions of other organisations and work through any examples.
Baljit Basra - Anthony Collins Solicitors
Can't make our Manchester date? We are also running this masterclass in Birmingham on the 3rd April and in London on the 1st May.
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited, there are only two places per organisation available.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at email@example.com and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.