Charities and community groups are increasingly choosing to take on asset transfers from local authorities as a means of acquiring property. However, without proper management, any property is at risk of becoming a liability, with unforeseen costs and unexpected problems putting strain on organisations that are often already overworked.
This training is designed to give a jargon-free, accessible introduction and overview of how to make asset transfers a success. It will look to uncover some of the issues involved and give real life examples of successes and failures to enable those attending to better understand the opportunities open to them.
The seminar will cover:
- How taking on an asset can benefit your organisation;
- How to engage with local authorities;
- Business planning and governance to assess the viability and sustainability of taking on community buildings;
- Identifying ‘hidden’ hazards or responsibilities: what are you actually taking on?;
- Common mistakes; and
- Lessons learned from others.
Ian Parker, Senior Property Adviser - Ethical Property Foundation
Dominic Curran , Senior Associate - Anthony Collins Solicitors
Sarah Patrice , Senior Associate - Anthony Collins Solicitors
Alex Tindall, Solicitor - Anthony Collins Solicitors
For more information
If you are interested in attending this event please sign up through the Ethical Property Foundation's website.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.