What is it about?
This workshop is about how to make real the forthcoming regulatory requirements on Asset Registers and Living Wills; it will look at the whole issue. The session will build on an extensive consultation exercise currently being undertaken with our clients to find out what they really need to deliver the likely regulatory requirements.
It will be an interactive workshop asking thought provoking questions such as: -
- Just how bad are organisations asset registers (and how information can be obtained from the Land Registry to improve things)
- If you were rescuing someone just what would good data look like?
- Have you checked every planning agreement to make sure it permits funding (that you could then take on short notice?)
- What if you needed to increase cashflow – how would you do it (we would set out 6 different ideas)
- Do you know what is in all of your funding documents (and where there are limiters/opportunities on obtaining further finance)
Who will be there?
The workshop is aimed at Directors of Finance, Treasury Managers and Policy Officers.
The workshop will be led by Jonathan Cox, Partner, rated by Chambers & Partners as a Band 1 lawyer in social housing.
Why should I attend?
The objective of the workshop is to help housing associations prepare for the new regulatory requirements; recent downgradings have shown the Social Housing Regulator is taking direct action against Registered Providers who do not take action on its requirements.
Registration from 9.30am.
The workshop will include modelling what a Living Will should contain for your own organisation so do bring a copy of your most recent risk map with you.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.