LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2ES, United Kingdom Get directions
*This event is now fully booked
Landlords are increasingly recognising the importance of maximising recovery of the cost of services they provide through service charges.
Our introduction to service charges session will be covering the following topics and using case studies throughout:
- different types of service charges and the impact of different rent regimes (e.g. affordable rent)
- which services can be recovered through a service charge
- legislative obligations of variable service charges
- section 20 consultation – the process and the pitfalls
- dealing with service charge challenges in courts and tribunals
Why should you attend?
This session will be ideal for those who are new to service charges or those who want a refresher; it will cover both tenant and leaseholder service charges. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions to our service charge experts. We hope you will take away a good understanding of the legal issues surrounding service charges and how to apply these in a practical way to your day job.
Lunch will be provided
- 09:00 Registration and networking for a 09:30 start
- 09:30 Introduction and types of service charges
- 10:45 Refreshment break
- 11:00 The legislative obligations of variable service charges
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15 Section 20 consultation – the process and the pitfalls
- 14:30 Refreshment break
- 14:45 Service charge challenges - in courts & tribunals
- 16:00 Q&A, summary and closing remarks
The session will also provide a useful opportunity to network with officers in similar roles from other organisations.
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited. Our clients get priority over non-clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can, to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily oversubscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation, in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least two weeks before the event date.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.