LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2ES Get directions
Please join us for this full-day training session, which is designed to provide a detailed exploration of key issues facing registered providers in court proceedings. Please note, this session will concentrate on the assured tenancy regime and will not deal with secure tenancies.
This interactive one-day seminar aims to equip officers working within the housing sector with a strong foundation knowledge of the following topics:
- A detailed discussion of issues linked to rent possession proceedings such as the pre-action protocol and the various grounds for possession;
- An in-depth look at anti-social behaviour, including injunctions, committal applications and possession proceedings;
- Drafting effective Notices Seeking Possession;
- An overview of possible defences to possession proceedings, including mental capacity issues, the Equality Act and housing disrepair; and
- A practical session on the drafting of witness statements and what to include in them.
Timings for the day
- 09:00 Registration and refreshments
- 09:30 Start
- 16:00 Finish
There will also be a lunch break where food will be provided, and there will be the opportunity to network.
For more information
We can also provide a bespoke training session at your offices, which will be tailored to your organisation. Please contact Alex Loxton for more information, or to discuss your specific needs. To find out more about the work we do in the Housing sector, please visit our housing pages.
It is a very clear, well-paced course that provides an excellent basis for housing staff.Previous delegate
The course was a great reference tool to keep up to date with legal changes, I would highly recommend others to attend!Previous delegate.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.