The use of large up-front fees and disproportionate deposits has already resulted in significant cost consequences for one care provider.
The details are:
- In possession claims, the issue fee increases from £280 to £355.
- For possession claims online through PCOL, the issue fee increases from £250 to £325.
- The fee for general applications made on notice in civil proceedings (e.g. applications on notice to appoint a litigation friend) will increase from £155 to £255.
- The fee for general applications made without notice (e.g. to ask for an extension of time to a deadline) will increase from £50 to £100.
- The fee for applications made by consent (e.g. to approve a consent order) will increase from £50 to £100.
The details are found in a statutory instrument here, which is still only available online as a draft. It only became clear yesterday however that it has been approved and the implementation date is Monday 21 March 2016.
For more information
Aimee Taroni | 0121 214 3559 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The government announced on 16 May that it will provide a fund of £400m to cover the costs of removal and replacement of cladding to high rise residential blocks which have failed tests.
Whilst some people are under the impression that preparing a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is simply a case of completing a form and ticking a few boxes, it is about far more than this.
A big fear for some people facing divorce and the inevitable carving up of the matrimonial assets. They seek assurances that such assets will be “ring-fenced” and retained for them.
Thinking about the legal status of being a cohabitant probably isn’t at the top of the ‘to do’ list.
When an individual is thinking about making a gift to another individual, consideration needs to be given to the Potentially Exempt Transfer (PET) trap.
We are now only a few weeks away from the biggest change to data protection laws in over 20 years. Are you compliant?
The tragedy, in this case, is that there were options readily available to the midwives that they could have used. This was not a case of having to go above and beyond.
Arising from the recent Family Division announcement, people who think they are legally divorced may in fact still be married.
The SCCS has issued providers in the scheme a series of updated and new documents in order to assist with their National Minimum Wage review.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.