Anthony Collins Solicitors are delighted to announce that they have been ranked as a Band 1 firm in Chambers and Partners 2022.
To recap the following tools will be available as of 20 October 2014:
- New absolute Ground for Possession – available for both secure and assured tenants, the new absolute Ground for possession creates 5 different conditions that can give rise to a mandatory Possession Order. Judges in the County Court will not be able to consider whether it is reasonable to make an Order;
- Criminal Behaviour Orders – the replacement for the old style CRASBO’s;
- Closure Orders – gone are the “crack house closure orders” to be replaced with a wider power to temporarily close premises for up to a maximum of 6 months;
- The Community Trigger – the system for victims of ASB who feel that their complaints have not been dealt with effectively to ask external agencies, such as the Police or Local Authority, to review their case;
- The Community Remedy – gives members of a community the opportunity to shape the way in which non-court based punishment for ASB is implemented by the Police;
- Dispersal Power – allowing the Police to require a person who is or is about to commit ASB, crime or disorder to leave a designated area for up to 48 hours;
- Community Protection Notice – a Notice requiring an individual, business or organisation to stop conduct that is having a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality;
- Public Spaces Protection Order – designed to tackle persistent or continuing behaviour of individuals or groups of individuals in a public place.
What is delayed?
- The ASBO on application is not being abolished until the new Injunction provisions are in force;
- The ability to delegate powers to social landlords to issue Community Protection Notices is also delayed until further legislation is created
We have issued a number of ebriefings in relation to the various new tools and these give more specific detail on the content of each power. Here is our September briefing.
Now is the time to:
- Review policies and procedures to reflect the changes;
- Seek co-operative working agreements with partner organisations such as the Police and the Environmental Health Department;
- Update your template documents – NSP’s, proportionality assessments, Certificates of Consultation etc;
- Ensure your teams are up to date with the new provisions.
We are already providing extensive, in-depth training in relation to the new toolkit so do contact us to discuss your requirements. We will also be touching on these issues at our annual Housing Management Update Session on 19 November 2014. This session is free to clients.
For more information
Alice Kinder, pensions and employment solicitor takes on the role in representing and supporting more than 5,500 legal professionals located across Birmingham and the Greater Midlands.
Our annual virtual employment law update catches up on the cases, legislation and changes over the last 12 months.
Anthony Collins Solicitors are presenting a series of podcasts with employees to raise awareness about disabilities around the firm.
Answering key questions about the details and practicalities of mandatory vaccinations in care home settings.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its market-leading social housing property team.
On 7 September 2021, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) published its annual consumer review.
From today (1 October 2021) there is yet more change on the possession front!
We are delighted to secure our position as a top-tier firm in five of our practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 edition.
This virtual event is an introduction to employee ownership.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.