The Charities Act 2022 received royal assent earlier this year and it is expected that its provisions will be brought into force in three tranches during autumn 2022, spring 2023 and autumn 2023.
This webinar will look at the key provisions that came into force on 31 October 2022. We will explain and give practical examples about:
- changing the use of proceeds of fundraising appeals
- paying charity trustees for providing goods or services to charity
- the power to amend Royal Charter charity governing documents
- the procedure for amending statutes for Act of Parliament charities
- how an organisation obtains trust corporation status
- the costs incurred in relation to charity tribunal proceedings
Who should attend
This session is designed for charity trustees, senior managers and anyone involved in charity governance who would like to understand the technical changes brought about by the Charities Act 2022 in October this year.
Edwina Turner, legal director in the governance, funding and corporate team
Catherine Gibbons, associate in the governance, funding and corporate team
Please note that this session will be hosted on Zoom webinar.