Anthony Collins Solicitors are presenting a series of podcasts with employees to raise awareness about disabilities around the firm.
Job Purpose: To develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become a qualified solicitor by providing assistance to fee earners as well as taking on responsibility for some matters and providing a high-qulaity service and meeting the needs of the firm's clients
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all dealings with clients, colleagues and all people with whom you come into contact
- Accurately and comprehensively record all time spent in accordance with the firm’s time recording system
- When appropriate, take initial responsibility for matter(s) under the supervision of your Trainee Manager
- Carry out such administrative duties as may be required on files maintained and supervised by fee earners
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research
- Maintain and collate relevant resources and publications
- Deal with routine correspondence and telephone calls
- Where requested, to be involved in the production of newsletters, marketing materials and other documents for the benefit of clients generally
- Develop necessary skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) and legal knowledge to become a qualified Solicitor
- Be proactively involved in trainee initiatives, such as fundraising for the annual charity
- Be proactively involved in departmental and firm-wide initiatives, such as department away days
- Attend all necessary training as required by the SRA and Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Carry out all other reasonable duties, as requested to maintain efficient operation of all aspects relating to the firm's needs
Effective performance in the role is assessed by the fulfilment of key measures, which include:
- Achievement of billing and chargeable hours targets
- Achievement of skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) to the required high standard
- Taking on more complex matters and/or greater responsibility throughout the course of seats and full Training Contract
- New client introductions/referrals
- Client satisfaction
- Positive team relationships
- An excellent level of academic competence through A-level grades (BBB or equivalent) and 2:2 at degree level
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and be eager and willing to develop skills in other IT systems such as presentation packages as necessary
- Positive attitude, showing initiative to get involved
- Commitment to keeping all matters confidential
- Good motivation and flexibility to meet deadlines, including the possibility of working early, late or through the lunchtime period
- Understand the importance of, and demonstrate good financial hygiene
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Take responsibility for self-development and gaining the experience, skills and knowledge required to qualify
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a demanding workload and client relationships and expectations
- It is expected that this role would be held for 24 months.
Answering key questions about the details and practicalities of mandatory vaccinations in care home settings.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its market-leading social housing property team.
On 7 September 2021, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) published its annual consumer review.
From today (1 October 2021) there is yet more change on the possession front!
We are delighted to secure our position as a top-tier firm in five of our practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 edition.
This virtual event is an introduction to employee ownership.
Helen Tucker has been appointed a deputy district judge (DDJ) for the Midlands Circuit and will start sitting part-time in county courts from early 2022.
The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team.
The CQC will conduct reviews on a monthly basis of all of the information they hold about services and will use these reviews to prioritise its activity.