In June we took on the challenge to become a Sepsis Savvy organisation - I'm really pleased to announce we've done it!
Job Purpose: To develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become a qualified solicitor by providing assistance to fee earners as well as taking on responsibility for some matters and providing a high-qulaity service and meeting the needs of the firm's clients
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all dealings with clients, colleagues and all people with whom you come into contact
- Accurately and comprehensively record all time spent in accordance with the firm’s time recording system
- When appropriate, take initial responsibility for matter(s) under the supervision of your Trainee Manager
- Carry out such administrative duties as may be required on files maintained and supervised by fee earners
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research
- Maintain and collate relevant resources and publications
- Deal with routine correspondence and telephone calls
- Where requested, to be involved in the production of newsletters, marketing materials and other documents for the benefit of clients generally
- Develop necessary skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) and legal knowledge to become a qualified Solicitor
- Be proactively involved in trainee initiatives, such as fundraising for the annual charity
- Be proactively involved in departmental and firm-wide initiatives, such as department away days
- Attend all necessary training as required by the SRA and Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Carry out all other reasonable duties, as requested to maintain efficient operation of all aspects relating to the firm's needs
Effective performance in the role is assessed by the fulfilment of key measures, which include:
- Achievement of billing and chargeable hours targets
- Achievement of skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) to the required high standard
- Taking on more complex matters and/or greater responsibility throughout the course of seats and full Training Contract
- New client introductions/referrals
- Client satisfaction
- Positive team relationships
- An excellent level of academic competence through A-level grades (BBB or equivalent) and 2:2 at degree level
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and be eager and willing to develop skills in other IT systems such as presentation packages as necessary
- Positive attitude, showing initiative to get involved
- Commitment to keeping all matters confidential
- Good motivation and flexibility to meet deadlines, including the possibility of working early, late or through the lunchtime period
- Understand the importance of, and demonstrate good financial hygiene
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Take responsibility for self-development and gaining the experience, skills and knowledge required to qualify
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a demanding workload and client relationships and expectations
- It is expected that this role would be held for 24 months.
In 2020 the court rules were changed to require that all residential tenants must be given 14 days’ notice of an eviction. What happens though if the eviction is cancelled on the day?
We are delighted to announce that our private wealth law department has continued to maintain its Band 2 position in the latest edition of Chambers and Partners High Net Worth.
The new CHF is set to launch and open for applications with £4 million set to be allocated to community-led housing groups to support an increase the supply of affordable housing in England.
Charities, like other organisations, may be subject to or choose to voluntarily comply with the reporting requirements under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The draft regulations making it mandatory for anyone entering a registered care home in England to have been double vaccinated unless they are clinically exempt were made on 22 July 2021.
In the Transforming Public Procurement Green Paper, the Government signalled its desire to increase its control over procurements by all contracting authorities.
The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team.
Legal updates as the UK enters into stage 4 of the roadmap and legal restrictions on face coverings and social distancing are lifted.
The first disability we are going to discuss is diabetes. We begin by discussing the different types of diabetes; their similarities and differences and how we live with the disability within our day.