Yesterday, on 6 August 2020, the Government published the above White Paper. The purpose of the White Paper is to do the following: “Planning for the future, landmark reforms to speed up and modernise the planning system and get the country building”.
Job Purpose: To develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become a qualified solicitor by providing assistance to fee earners as well as taking on responsibility for some matters and providing a high-qulaity service and meeting the needs of the firm's clients
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all dealings with clients, colleagues and all people with whom you come into contact
- Accurately and comprehensively record all time spent in accordance with the firm’s time recording system
- When appropriate, take initial responsibility for matter(s) under the supervision of your Trainee Manager
- Carry out such administrative duties as may be required on files maintained and supervised by fee earners
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research
- Maintain and collate relevant resources and publications
- Deal with routine correspondence and telephone calls
- Where requested, to be involved in the production of newsletters, marketing materials and other documents for the benefit of clients generally
- Develop necessary skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) and legal knowledge to become a qualified Solicitor
- Be proactively involved in trainee initiatives, such as fundraising for the annual charity
- Be proactively involved in departmental and firm-wide initiatives, such as department away days
- Attend all necessary training as required by the SRA and Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Carry out all other reasonable duties, as requested to maintain efficient operation of all aspects relating to the firm's needs
Effective performance in the role is assessed by the fulfilment of key measures, which include:
- Achievement of billing and chargeable hours targets
- Achievement of skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) to the required high standard
- Taking on more complex matters and/or greater responsibility throughout the course of seats and full Training Contract
- New client introductions/referrals
- Client satisfaction
- Positive team relationships
- An excellent level of academic competence through A-level grades (BBB or equivalent) and 2:2 at degree level
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and be eager and willing to develop skills in other IT systems such as presentation packages as necessary
- Positive attitude, showing initiative to get involved
- Commitment to keeping all matters confidential
- Good motivation and flexibility to meet deadlines, including the possibility of working early, late or through the lunchtime period
- Understand the importance of, and demonstrate good financial hygiene
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Take responsibility for self-development and gaining the experience, skills and knowledge required to qualify
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a demanding workload and client relationships and expectations
- It is expected that this role would be held for 24 months.
The Johnny Depp -v- News Group Newspapers trial concluded last week and has been widely publicised and reported on around the World.
On 30 June 2020, Boris Johnson announced radical changes to the planning system.
Six months after the first recorded case of COVID-19 in the UK, it is clear that charities, community organisations and volunteers have played a huge role in the UK’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic
This article is further to our previous e-briefing (published on 22 July 2020) where we informed you that there are new temporary measures (a new Practice Direction PD55c) that have been brought into deal with possession claims, following the stay being lifted on possession claims on 22 August 2020.
A podcast from Alex Loxton and Sumi Begum from our housing litigation team, discussing injunction applications and the courts approach in light of COVID-19 and the ban on possession proceedings.
We have asked colleagues in the Employment Law team to highlight what they think is key to managing a redundancy programme well.
The use of video remote witnessing of Wills will become law.
There’s no doubt about it, the COVID-19 pandemic has placed incredible pressure on the NHS.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s £3.8 billion SDLT giveaway may bring benefits for registered providers of social housing, according to ACS experts in the sector.