The Law Commission published its report on Technical Issues in Charity Law in September 2017 following a public consultation.
Job Purpose: To develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become a qualified solicitor by providing assistance to fee earners as well as taking on responsibility for some matters and providing a high-qulaity service and meeting the needs of the firm's clients
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all dealings with clients, colleagues and all people with whom you come into contact
- Accurately and comprehensively record all time spent in accordance with the firm’s time recording system
- When appropriate, take initial responsibility for matter(s) under the supervision of your Trainee Manager
- Carry out such administrative duties as may be required on files maintained and supervised by fee earners
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research
- Maintain and collate relevant resources and publications
- Deal with routine correspondence and telephone calls
- Where requested, to be involved in the production of newsletters, marketing materials and other documents for the benefit of clients generally
- Develop necessary skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) and legal knowledge to become a qualified Solicitor
- Be proactively involved in trainee initiatives, such as fundraising for the annual charity
- Be proactively involved in departmental and firm-wide initiatives, such as department away days
- Attend all necessary training as required by the SRA and Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Carry out all other reasonable duties, as requested to maintain efficient operation of all aspects relating to the firm's needs
Effective performance in the role is assessed by the fulfilment of key measures, which include:
- Achievement of billing and chargeable hours targets
- Achievement of skills (as detailed in the SRA Handbook) to the required high standard
- Taking on more complex matters and/or greater responsibility throughout the course of seats and full Training Contract
- New client introductions/referrals
- Client satisfaction
- Positive team relationships
- An excellent level of academic competence through A-level grades (BBB or equivalent) and 2:2 at degree level
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and be eager and willing to develop skills in other IT systems such as presentation packages as necessary
- Positive attitude, showing initiative to get involved
- Commitment to keeping all matters confidential
- Good motivation and flexibility to meet deadlines, including the possibility of working early, late or through the lunchtime period
- Understand the importance of, and demonstrate good financial hygiene
- Be proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
- Take responsibility for self-development and gaining the experience, skills and knowledge required to qualify
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a demanding workload and client relationships and expectations
- It is expected that this role would be held for 24 months.
Changing charitable purposes and amending governing documents.
Charity registration financial thresholds.
One of the stated aims of the Green Paper is “to deliver the best commercial outcomes with the least burden on the public sector".
The proposals concerning dynamic purchasing systems (DPS) and framework agreements are the most disappointing aspect of the Green Paper.
Family team partner, Elizabeth Wyatt, is delighted to congratulate Kadie Bennett for attaining Resolution Specialist Accreditation in both children law - private and complex financial remedy matters.
On 11 February 2021, the Pension Schemes Act 2021 was given royal assent, setting out a framework for several major changes that will certainly be of interest to employers and pension funds alike.
Matthew Wort, partner, speaks on today’s Supreme Court judgment for sleep-in shifts.
The Supreme Court has today (19 March 2021) handed down judgment in the cases of Royal Mencap Society v Tomlinson-Blake and Shannon v Rampersad (t/a Clifton House Residential Home).